Chapter XXIII-Leo

Now, normally in the stories, you have your typically bad guys that you and your buddies would try to fight and coincidentally win. Until you come face-to-face with demon that is possessing your best friend while you and your other buddies are each pressed up against a wall, pain searing down your back. Also, there's nothing connecting you to the wall.

Welcome to Leo's life right now.

Of course it had to be something that Leo didn't know how to kill. They didn't exactly teach you how to kill a demon that's using one of your best friend's faces to talk to their enemies in Monster Class 101. 

"Had to be a demigod," Leo muttered under his breath. "Why couldn't I just be a regular kid? I could've become an inventor or something, but no. Apparently, the Fates hate me."

"Shut up!" Ruby hissed. "All of your talking is giving me a migraine."

"Welcome to our world," Annabeth dryly replied.

Leo dropped his jaw in offense. "Hey!"

"What's going to happen to Piper?" Hazel changed the subject. "Will she be okay?"

"Oh, don't worry," Ruby smirked. "Your little friend will be okay, but I can't say the same for the rest of you."

"What is it with all the bad guys saying that they're gonna kill us?" Leo thought out loud. "I mean, in every movie I've seen, the bad guys tell the heroes that they're going to die, but in the next scene it's the villains that get beaten and the heroes win."

"And the point in telling us this was because..." Frank trailed off.

"This whole thing," Leo explained. "The possessing, the telling us we're gonna die, it's pointless. So, just give up sweetheart, 'cause your little plan is going to fail."

He directed that last sentence towards Ruby, who just laughed in return.

"That was very...cute. But this time, I won't fail in doing my job. I will succeed. Like I did with Sam."

Ruby twisted her hand, making Leo and his friends cringe in pain on the wall. It wasn't as bad as he honestly thought, but it still hurt. It was like an invisible force was clutching at your heart and twisting it, all the while squeezing. Which made Leo think about what the she-demon said.

"W-what..." Leo forced himself to speak through the pain. "What...did you...mean when...you said...'this time'?"

Ruby released the force that was being used, leaving the four demigods panting. "Like I'm gonna tell you idiots anything."

"Okay, fine," Leo breathed. "Who's Sam, then?"

His friends groaned beside him. 

"Seriously?" Frank asked incredulously. "That's what you ask? You're not gonna press any further?" 

Leo shrugged. "Well..."

"What did you mean when you said 'this time'?" Annabeth, dangerously calm, repeated the question. 

Ruby rolled her eyes. "I once tried to make the chosen one to free Lucifer." 

"Chosen one..." Leo repeated. "As in Harry Potter, chosen one?"

"No!" Ruby snapped. "Sam Winchester was the chosen one to free Lucifer from Hell."

"So...what?" Leo asked. "He got scared and ran away?"

Ruby responded by raising her hand and twisting it again. The demigods groaned under the pain.

"Way to go, Leo," Frank panted. "You made her even more mad."