Chapter 11; Ryan's P.O.V.

I shouldn't have left. I shouldn't have let myself get angry. I left her when she needed me most. There was so much guilt and anger in me. Was I a bad person? I didn't care about Marie, as horrible as that seemed. I was selfish, I could admit it. I wanted Ivy and only Ivy, and I didn't want that asshole to have her.

He made me so angry. How could he push her?! Did he not know about all that happened to her when she was kid? I'm sure even if he was joking it would remind her of those nights with her mother! What an idiot. Just thinking about that joke of a boyfriend made me angry. 

What if he went back to her house? I whipped around, that question was all it took for me. I was going to spend every moment with her while Sarah was with her husband in New York. She would not be left out of my sights. I wanted her to be safe, and I wanted her to be away from Thomas. 

I reached her door step, I didn't even waste time knocking, just ripped open the door. The lights were off, the house was completely lifeless. I started to walk to her room, where else would she be? I could hear sobs getting louder and louder as I made my way up the stairs. Did I make her cry? Was this my fault? If I made her cry, I was as bad as Thomas.

I opened the door, and there she was. Her cute, little face was red. Her eyes were puffy, and I could still see tears streaming down her cheeks. She was curled on the bed, the covers laying over her body. She looked up at me, "Ryan?... W-what are you doing?" She asked softly, it broke my heart seeing her like that.

I moved to sit beside her, she stared at me like I was crazy. "I'm so sorry, Ives. I didn't mean to get angry like that," I whispered. She simply shrugged and stared at the wall.

"I've never felt so unhappy before, besides the times with my mother. I've never felt so alone. Why isn't anything working out the way it's supposed to?" I was shocked when I heard this. She felt alone? I was here. I guess that goes to show what a great friend I am! Sarcasm. 

"You're not alone! I'm here for you!" She chuckled sadly at that statement. She gripped the covers tighter, and shook her head. 

"You shouldn't be here for me though, you should be there for Marie." There I was, getting pissed again. I calmed myself down and just stared at the beautiful girl in front of me. It was now or never, now or never. Now.

I grabbed her cheeks and crushed my lips into hers. I didn't want her to be in pain anymore, I didn't want to hear anymore sobs coming from those beautiful lips. She was obviously enjoying it as much as I was, I could tell from the high pitched moans coming from her.

Her arms snaked around my neck, and she continued to kiss me back. I sucked and licked her lips, making her gasp. "What do you want, Ivy? Answer me right now," I commanded breathlessly. She looked into my eyes, and smiled that dazzling smile of hers.

"I want you to be the one and only person I can call my boyfriend."

~

I grabbed her hand, which shocked her a little. She whipped her head up at me, and gave me a small smile. We were meeting Aven and Marie at the park, they had to know what was going on. I didn't care about what Marie did, she was a great friend; but Ivy was far more important. 

As we walked, I couldn't help but admire how strong Ivy was. Abused, hurt, scarred, yet she still cared for other people, rather than herself. That smile that would light up her face was honestly the most beautiful thing that came to mind. 

When we made it to the park, I could immediately spot Aven and Marie. They were sitting on a bench, laughing about something. Aven's head popped up to us coming towards them, followed by Marie's.

Her eyes stared right at our hands, Ivy's palm began to feel sweaty. She was nervous? Marie wouldn't care, she wasn't a drama queen. If anything, she'd be happy for us. And if she wasn't?... Well, that sucks for her.

Aven gave me a smirk and nodded as if to congratulate me. "Hey, guys," Marie said quietly. She was staring at us warily, like she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do. I didn't care if she was mad at us, she'd get over it. 

Was I being an asshole right now? Hell yeah. Did I feel bad for Marie? Maybe a little. But was I happy? Yes. Was Ivy happy? Yes. 

"Hey," Ivy said quietly. I smiled at Marie, acting naturally, acting like nothing was different. Marie finally pulled her eyes away from us and looked over at Aven. She glared at him. 

"So, what's up with you two?" Marie asked, playing dumb. She knew what was going on, she knew that Ivy and I were a couple... Never going to get used to saying that or thinking about it. Ivy is my girlfriend. 

"It's pretty obvious," Aven chuckled. 

Marie looked at Ivy, "Come with me for a second. Just a girl to girl chat." Ivy squeezed my hand, and pulled away. I had half a mind to tell her to stay with Aven and I, but I didn't.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ryan seems like a big selfish meanie in this chapter, but I promise- he's not actually like that xD

Vote and I'll give you a cookie! :D That's a lie, I'm sorry.