Little Yellow House

Author's Note:
Quick little reminder from in the last chapter, Clarke hands Raven her wine, and then Raven shares her news and DOES NOT drink the wine!!! No one really mentioned it in the comments but I realized I never explained it! Lol, I absolutely don't condone drinking while expecting. Enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 18:
Little Yellow House

CLARKE'S POV:

After Raven and Wick left, it was a little after midnight. I laid on the couch, underneath a blanket while Bellamy cleaned up the kitchen. He refused to let me help, and ordered me to lay down and enjoy my wine. Which I definitely was enjoying since I had the entire bottle to myself.

I watched the moon from the window, twirling a piece of my hair with my finger. I heard footsteps come from behind me and Bellamy leaned down, kissing my cheek.

I smile," Come lay with me." I sit up, opening the blanket. He lays down, horizontally, laying his head in my lap. I began to play with his curly hair, as I know he loves it.

" What do you think about Raven and Wick having a baby?"

" I'm so happy for them, they moved in together and starting their life together. It makes me a little jealous."

He shares a light laugh, and I feel his finger tracing patterns on my leg.

" I miss you," I say.

" I miss you too," he says quietly.

" What was that thing you wanted to talk to me about?"

He turns his head, glancing up at me. He slowly starts to sit up, and he pulls me into his lap. I set my wine on the table and rest my head back into him. He says," We were broken up at the time, but when I moved into this house, I actually only rented it."

" Okay," I said.

" And my lease ends next month..." He continues. He breathes," Clarke, what would you think about both of us getting our own place together?"

" Does this have to do with Raven and Wick? You shouldn't have to feel pressured," I responded, carefully.

I felt him shake his head," No, I've been thinking about this for awhile."

I slowly sit up, and grab his hands. I start to smile, thinking of mornings and nights in our home together. " You want to move in together?" I ask, a nerdy smile across my face.

He nods," Yes, I want to. I really want to." I smile, leaning forward and kissing him. " We should start looking for places," he says.

" We can tell my mom at dinner, she invited us to come over soon."

" I'd love to," he says.

The next couple days fly by, working and house searching. It's extremely exciting. Inbetween meetings, I'm house hunting online. Before bed, I'm sending Bellamy pictures and addresses. In the morning, I'm checking new listings.

It's Sunday, and that means many open houses. Bellamy and I were driving through the city streets of New York, singing along to the radio. His hand was on my knee and the other on the wheel. I love this man.

We arrived at our destination, a quiet little yellow home. It's a bigger, family home, with a white porch and matching white shudders. It was out of the city, but I fell in love with the pictures online. Large living room, granite kitchen, and goregous bathrooms.

I'm not sure how Bellamy feels about the place, he's quiet about everything. He wants what I want, and he's pretty calm about everything. Maybe he's having doubts? Maybe he's realizing he likes his own space and isn't ready for this.

Bellamy takes my hand and smiles," Are you okay? What's on your mind?"

I awake from my thoughts, taking a deep breath," What if it isn't available anymore?"

He laughs," Then we'll find anothe perfect place. Come on, we'll never know until we head inside and talk with the realtors."

" You're right," I smile. We exit the car and walk up the walkway. We check out the porch, and then head inside. High ceilings, large hallways, and beautiful bathrooms.

While we checked out an empty room upstairs, Bellamy pulled me into him.

I groaned, whispering," I love it."

He smiles," I'll let them know we're interested, okay?"

" Okay, you go ahead. I'm going to keep looking around." He left me in the room, and I glanced around.

I traced the window panes and the paint on the walls. I imagined a baby in this room. It would make the perfect room for a nursery. A baby girl, or a baby boy. I smiled at the thought.

I walked into the room across the hall, this would be our room. I imagined waking up next to him every morning, making breakfast, preparing coffee, eating at the table together.

I glanced at the bathtub in the connected bathroom. We would enjoy times in there.

I love everything about this house, and I really wanted it for us. This would be the start of something new.

Author's Note:

Short-ish chapter, but a sweet little one. I have had a temporary blockade in my head, not knowing what to post next, and then I had this idea and I really liked how it turned out.

So, as I always say, I'll start pre-writing again. I really hate making you guys wait and I'm really sorry!

I hope you enjoyed, and can't wait for more!

Lanie XOXO