Making It Count

*One Month Later! (April 2012)*

(Naya's POV!)
A month has passed since I went through all the bullshit with Denise. I haven't been taking it so well. I'm still pretty messed up. I've been trying to deal with it in my own way.

Last week on the 3rd of this month Kendrick and my Uncle released their song 'The Recipe'. The song completely blew up. I'm so happy that I was a part of it. We had a small release party at Aftermath and we all took pictures together. Kendrick's getting a lot of recognition and everyone is ready for his album coming out in October.

About 2 months they found out they were going to preform at Coachella. I'm really excited. I love Coachella. We were at Aftermath discussing everything.

"I'm going to bring you on my stage, and your going to bring me on your stage." Dre told Kendrick.

"Sounds good. I'm ready for this." Kendrick said smiling.

I was sitting there just listening to them when my Uncle turned to me.

"How bout you get on stage Naya. Sing a song with me." Dre told me.

"No. I get too nervous. I don't do live, you know that. Plus what song would I do with you? We only have 'The Recipe' that I would feel comfortable with." I explained to him.

"Sing 'The Message' with me." He said as he looked at me.

I felt my eyes grow wide. He's never even preformed that song. I thought about it for a while. I'm going to do this... I'm going to do this for my dad.

I looked up at Dre.

"Okay. I'll do it." I told him.
---
*April 15, 2015*
"You ready?" Kendrick asked me.

"I guess. There's so many people out their." I said nervously.

"Its okay. You're good. This is going to be my first time seeing Dre preform." Kendrick told me smiling.

Kendrick already did his Coachella performance on Friday and he was amazing. I decided not to preform with him just because he was with his crew. I wanted him to enjoy it to the fullest.

I stood their and watched my Uncle preform with Snoop Dogg. Dre looked so happy. The crowd was singing along. Once they finished 'Drop It Like Its Hot' my uncle came running backstage.

"Hey. Crowds crazy. Make sure you ready K. We're next." Dre told him as he wiped his sweat on a towel.

"Shit." Kendrick said nervously.

"You're good. You did this yesterday." I told him smiling.

Snoop and Wiz Khalifa were preforming 'Young, Wild & Free'. Kendrick got his mic and stood by me. He grabbed my hand and locked his fingers between mine. I raised his hand up to my lips and I kissed his hand.

"You're going to do great babe." I told him smiling.

My uncle was all set to go. Snoop and Wiz were done with their song. My uncle grabbed his mic and walked out.

"Coachella! Make some noise for Wiz Khalifa. Yeah. Right about now I want to introduce you to some new exciting talent. This man rocked the same stage Friday and killed it. Yeah, as a matter of fact we got a song together and its about women, weed, and weather. It's called 'The Recipe'. And this man is from my city. He's straight outta Compton! Make some fucking noise for Kendrick Lamar!" We heard my uncle say on stage.

Kendrick quickly turned to me and gave me a kiss.

"I love you Naya." He said then started to walk out onto the stage.