Chapter 8

"Woah!" Park laughed and held onto my lower back. I was pressed up against his chest grabbing his jacket for dear life.

"What are you doing you idiot! Let me go back to land where it's safe! What if the ice breaks!" I panicked. Park just laughed again.

"Your bonus is on the line," he teased. I continued to hold on as he gently skated backwards towards the middle of the pond. I squeaked as we moved.

"You were all mad and grumpy earlier! I think I prefer that over this!" I shouted in annoyance. He grinned in response.

"I'll help you learn to skate if you want," he offered. I gaped at him.

"I don't want your help!" I argued. He nodded his head, a thoughtful look on his face.

"So be it," he shrugged and then let go of my back. He removed my hands from him and used me to push off and gain momentum. I screamed lightly as my hands windmilled in front of me as I tried to retain my balance. Park started to skate circles around me like a huge asshole.

I felt my feet sliding and then I started to slip. I slipped forwards, obviously not good at keeping balance. Park was there before I could even scream again. He held onto my hand steadily. I glared daggers into his soul. "What the heck is your problem?!" I hit him with my other hand. He grinned at me.

"I was never going to let you get hurt," he said smugly. I pulled myself toward him and latched onto his jacket again.

"You're a jerk," I hit him again. He just smiled at me, clearly enjoying my pain. "Bring me back to-" at that moment, he started accelerating forward toward the other side of the pond. I screamed again as we went skating past a leisurely couple. We came to a stop all the way on the other side of the pond, which was slightly more secluded thanks to plants and shrubbery in the way. There was a lamp post over us, bathing us in a nice yellow light.

"Having fun yet?"

"FUN?!" I squeaked. There was a convenient rock that jutted out from the water. I sat down on it after wiping snow away. Park squatted down in front of me. "No! I hate this! I want to go back to the lodge! I want to be on stable ground!" I whined.

"Aw, you're being dramatic," he said with a laugh.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked. He looked into my eyes for a momemt, about to answer. When he finally opened his mouth, I heard Jean's obnoxious voice.

"PARK AND SIMMONS ARE UNDERNEATH THE MISTLETOE!" He exclaimed. People looked over, they had been captivated by Trainor's dancing show that he had put on with some random girl. Now, they looked towards us expectantly. I looked up though, and saw a green plant hanging over us, attached to the lamp post. Oh no.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" I heard people chanting.

"Wh-what....where?" I played dumb as if I couldn't see it. "What's he talking-" I looked at Park, and realized his face had gotten dangerously close to mine. He tilted his head slightly to the side. I felt my face burn up. "What are you doing?!" I squeaked out.

"From their angle, it probably looks like we're actually kissing," he said calmly. My heart started to thunder wildy in my chest. There was cheering as people suspected us of sharing a kiss. Park pulled away after another moment and turned to stare at our audience. I put a hand to my chest. I didn't know how he could be so cool or casual when he was an inch away from my face.

Maybe I was overreacting. I hadn't had much of a relationship since college, so I just wasn't used to it. Yeah. That was it! When our fans disappeared, I glared at Park accusingly. He gave me an innocent look like some kind of puppy.