Chapter 11

"What's this?" Jasper rose his eyebrows at us. Jerry pushed past him and down the hall to one of the offices. We swung open the door and he sat me down. It just so happened to be my office. I picked up the phone on my desk and stared at the notepad on my desk. My teeth were clanking together and my body had started to shiver again.

"Are you going to tell me what's going?" Jasper marched into the room, arms crossed in front of him.

"Now isn't the time, okay?" I said as I dialed Joonyoung's number. He picked up immediately.

"You're okay!" He said into the phone.

"I'm at the hotel. Should I call the police?" I asked.

"Police?" Jasper said. Jerry pulled him out of the room to have a conversation.

"No need. I already did. I'm at King's apartment..." he paused.

"Is he....is he really..."

"No. Stabbed 12 times in the torso, but he's still alive. He's a fighter," Park reassured me.

"Joonyoung, I'm so scared. I don't know what to do," I said with a tiny sob. I pressed a hand to my forehead and stared at my desk.

"I know. I'm coming okay? I'm-" and then the power shut off. I looked up and the door swung open. Jasper was standing there with his arms crossed.

"Where's Jerry?" I asked, clutching onto the phone.

"I had to knock him out," Jasper said. He marched towards me. No. I couldn't let Jasper kill me. I lashed out my hand and shoved my desk onto him. The computer sparked as it came unplugged. Everything fell on him and something caught fire from the electricity.

"Why is everyone evil?!" I threw my hands up. The blinds behind me caught fire. It was spreading.

"Grace no! I'm here to help..." Jasper coughed. I shook my head.

"You hurt me and then you knocked out Jerry! You think I believed your STUPID apology?!" I shook with adrenaline and fear. Jasper denied the claim and tried to push the desk off of him. I ran out of the room, my entire office engulfed in flames. The elevator was down because of the power, so I had to take the fire exit stairs. I hobbled down them, my legs starting to ache from being on them so much. I was three flights down when the door opened.

"Grace! Stop!" Jasper shouted from above. Fire and smoke curled around him. He looked like a maniac, his eyes wild. I turned and started running. The fire alarms were bound to go off soon.

"Get away from me!" I shouted as I ran. I kept spiraling down the stairs. The top floor was the 50th floor. I had a long way to go before I would be safe. I heard Jasper tearing after me. He was gaining on me.

"Grace Simmons!" He shouted breathlessly. I kept running, trying to put more distance between us. I came to the 38th floor and decided to risk going through the door and using the other stairs. Many were shouting in confusion at the fact that the power had gone off. The backup generators didn't kick in either. I shoved past people and ran to the other set of fire exit stairs. Down I went.

Down down down down. Jasper caught on and tried to intercept me at the 14th floor. I was two floors below him when he came out of the door. I was tired. I was dizzy. But I couldn't stop. My lungs burned for air. I heard police sirens in the distance. The fire alarms had finally went off back when I was on the 20th floor.

When I finally burst out of the door to the lobby, I nearly collapsed. I had been running too long without rest. Running far too long without water. My lungs felt like there was blood in them and I couldn't stop coughing. I took a step before I fell forward.