Chapter 1

{Jessie's POV}

I ran straight to the exit door away from the hyped screaming girls getting wild in the mosh pit. I couldn’t breathe, there were too much people and it was too loud; I thought I was going through one of my panic attacks again. Not again. Please not now, not during the show that my friends have been looking forward to. For the past hour I have been pushed, shoved, kicked on, screamed at and gotten threatened by. I quickly embraced the smell of fresh air and sighed heavily. Thank God I was out of that place. I knew I was missing all the fun inside, given the fact that my friends were right in the front row where I was, but I just couldn’t take it anymore. I was getting claustrophobic. I sat down on the nearest stool I could find.

My eyes wandered around the place where I was sat. It was midnight, around eleven o’clock, there were stars in the sky and I was completely alone although there were a couple of teenagers from a few meters away. I gritted my teeth as I covered myself tightly around my coat. It was too freezing out here. All I could hear from inside was the bang of the drums and guitars and the boys singing, and let’s not forget about the crazy fan girls who nearly killed me. I don’t even know what their songs are to be honest. I hardly know the band. My friends just persuaded me to come with them and no matter how hard they tried to get me into ‘liking’ them, I still didn’t feel it I mean, the song they are now playing sounds awesome but I don’t know? I guess I just have to keep listening to their songs and maybe search them up tonight. Hopefully.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the exit door slammed open. How long have I been sitting here? Two tall guys walked out and exhaled heavily. “That was fucking great.” I heard one of them say. They started shivering after they realized how cold it was outside because they were only wearing a tank top and a t-shirt. I snorted. The both of them turned their heads towards me, trying to figure out who I was. Suddenly I realized that those two tall guys were from the band. Their eyes were fixed on me as they walked towards me looking concerned. 

“Hey, are you okay? What are you doing out here?” the guy with brown curly hair asked, bobbing down towards me. He was wearing a gray tank top with an American flag drawn on the middle revealing his sweaty muscly arms and black skinny jeans. 

“Y-yeah, uh, I-I was just, I needed some air.” I stuttered. The coldness was taking over me. 

“I’m Ashton, this is Michael.” He pointed to the other guy who smiled and waved at me. I couldn't see both of their faces clearly as it was dark in the alley. Michael was wearing a white t-shirt with a circle around it in the middle and and some black skinny jeans.“Do you wanna get inside in the heater and get a hot drink? You seem really sick.” he offered, putting out his hand. I couldn’t reject the offer because I desperately needed it. I reached out for his cold hands as he helped me stand up.

“That would be amazing, thanks so much. I’m Jessie by the way.” I smiled at the two of them.

I was taken inside through a long hall leading to a massive room that looked like a dressing room. I was told to sit on one of the blue sofas along with Michael while we waited. The room was filled with clotheslines, clothes, food, instruments and mirrors. My eyes squinted by looking at the bright light bulbs near the mirrors. There were a few crews coming and going in the room. I couldn’t help but steal a few glances from Michael. He was just awkwardly sitting next to me on his phone and from my view I think he’s on Twitter. I grabbed my phone out and decided to scroll down my twitter too. Everyone on my Twitter is talking about 5SOS. Oh God. I scrolled some more and decided to tweet Michael.

"@JessieCrawford: @Michael5SOS why are you so quiet? ahaha ;) x"

New tweet from @Michael5SOS: @JessieCrawford I don't really know to be honest... xxxx"

I smiled while reading his tweet. When I looked up I saw that Michael was looking straight at me biting his soft pink lips as he smirked.

Oh My God.