Masquerade

She hides behind that pretty little smile of hers, and the outside world is convinced.

No one could imagine her doing anything wrong. She could never hurt anyone. She's an angel.

Well, I know her. The real her. And trust me, that sunny exterior does no justice to her ice-cold heart.

She's two faced. Well, she really has only one face, and the other is a mask. A façade.

Life is her masquerade, and she hides her dark side behind red lips and sweet perfume. She hides her true, poisonous self from the world, and she laughs at how good at it she's gotten. She laughs at how easy it is for everyone to get lost in her sea-blue eyes, and forget about everything else.

She's an angler fish. She lures you in, then attacks. She acts sweet, innocent, timid, then she shows you her true self, and trust me, it's not as pretty as what she appears to be. Her beauty disappears like a mirage, and hope disappears like a light flickering out.

She'd be happy to watch your hope flicker out while the darkness swallows you whole.

She's bad, real bad. She walks all over you, treats you like nothing, and you curse yourself for your stupidity.

You curse yourself because you fell for it all, and it's coming back to haunt you.

Her beauty is skin deep, but she's rotten to the bone.

She's too far gone for redemption, too far gone for anything. Too far gone.

So keep on fooling the world with your masquerade, Honey. Your pretty eyes and your cherry lips won't trick 'em all.

Because in the end, there's one person you won't be able to fool.

Me.