Death Valley

Okay I'm so sorry this is quite sad I'm sorry but idk if it's gonna get better. Comment below your thoughts. :|

Patrick sat up slowly, his head pounding in his ears. He looked at Elisa, asleep next to him, and Pete, passed out on a chair across the room. He looked down to see Declan sitting on his lap and smiling up at him.

"Daddy, up!" He said happily. Patrick smiled, ruffling Declan's hair and getting up. He debated waking Elisa, deciding not to in the end. He shook Pete gently, trying not to make too much noise.

"Pete. Pete, hey, come on." Patrick whispered as Pete's eyes fluttered open.

"Hm? Oh, hey, Patrick.... What- what you need?" Pete said, still half asleep. Patrick helped him to stand, holding a finger to his mouth and gesturing toward Elisa. Pete nodded, walking out with Patrick and Declan.

"Can you help me with breakfast?" Patrick asked. Pete nodded.

"Of course." He said, helping to get things out. It was around now when Patrick started feeling sick. His head started throbbing, the rest of his body feeling numb.

"P-Pete...." Patrick muttered, collapsing to the floor.

"*gasp*  Patrick! Declan, go get your mommy! NOW!" Pete ordered as he dialed 911. Declan came back moments later with Elisa, who took one look at Patrick and started crying.

~~~~~

Pete paced the hallway outside Patrick's room, trying to contain his tears. He didn't need Patrick's wife or son seeing him cry. He couldn't see from the water building up in his eyes, ready to fall at a single word.

"Elisa Stump?" A doctor poked his head out of the door and motioned for her to come in.

"Is it alright if he comes too?" Elisa asked, gesturing to Pete. The doctor nodded, and let them in to see Patrick. Pete took one look around the room, all the tubes and wires keeping Patrick alive. He turned around and walked out, heading to the bathroom. He locked himself in, slamming his fist against the mirror, leaving a crack down the middle.

He stared at his reflection as the tears fell, and this time, he didn't try to hold them back. He ran his hands through his bleach blonde hair, trying to wrap his head around this. His best friend was dying. Awesome.

When he finally managed to calm down, he walked back out to Elisa.

"They say he has a tumor in his brain.... It's.... Fatal, and they can't remove it. He's got about a week." Elisa said through sobs. Declan didn't seem to understand what was going on. The poor thing. Pete looked at him with sympathy.

"A week?" Pete asked, making sure he heard correctly. Elisa nodded, not taking her eyes off Patrick. Pete sighed, knowing he might not talk to him ever again.

Everything was turning around, now it's taken the highway to Hell- or in Patrick's case, Heaven.