Chapter 2: Newcomers

A few days after the meeting with Kagami, Seirin, especially the captain, were puzzled at to what they were going to do. This was the first practice of the term but yet they already doubted their chances on winning the title. All of the top teams in Japan had their aces health and ready but seirin's ace, kagami, was not. Try as they might but the odds were against them.

"okay, basketball tryouts begins........ Now! " said Riko, alerting everyone. A very short coach with kinda longcaramel colored hair which is kept to her left side with two pins, and is seen wearing a white shirt with a black sweater over it, a short skirt, a sailor necktie and her signature pink whistle tied around her neck with a hanger.

"But first all newbies, Must take off their shirts" spoke the coach. All of the new players, about 4 of them in total. One was from teiko, as kuroko pointed out to the others, were puzzled but reluctantly did so.

"they must still think we were just a fluke last year" said hyūga.

"We'll just prove it to them again this year" responded riko, full of determination as she spoke. Sh then went to examined the freshmen's "physical attribute". You see, Riko's dad is a sports trainer, collects data and create training regimens, she got this skill,the ability to see your physical attributes as numbers and see your potential, was from observing bodies and data at his workplace.

After the 'examining' was over they had a little game between the newcomers and the starters but since kagami wasn't there Mitchell took his spot.

But just then a tall brown skin person with a flat-top hairstyle, mocha colored eyes and a pronounced jawline. His body was as though it was made for basketball and his aura was quite inviting.
"sorry for being late, my name is Stephen Selvon, year two, I come from from America and I want to be apart of the basketball team" spoke the newcomer.

"oh, Stephen, the last registration sheet, I forgot about you" responded riko

"who's that? " hyuga questioned.

" he's the guy from the exchange program, he was a runner, turned footballer, turned basketballer" said riko

"Well, from your 'examining' is he good?"

" he seems to have to same numbers like  kagami and also, like him, unseen potential, you think he could be our temporary ace"

"probably but we might have to see him play"

Stephen's P.O.V

Well, this is my first day to a whole new school in a whole new country and I'm late to tryouts. When I reached everyone was just looking at me, especially the only girl in the room. I heard murmuring from the other guys, like they were disgusted at  seeing me, like as though I was a threat, was it because of my height,  yeah I'm like one of the biggest guys there standing  6"3 tall and being able lift 200 lbs.

"what experience do you have playing basketball " asked the guy wearing glasses.

" middle school basketball in America and with my cousins" I responded.

After that he just went back talking to the only girl in the room

" well put on one of those undershirt and let's see what you can do"

"Mhmph, you won't regret it" as a smirk went across my face

Hope you guys liked this chapter. Next chapter, the real action is about to start, but it might take some time because I'm planning a new book so you guys could get some more fun during the weem