Chapter 2

As soon as Nick and I enter Jessalyn's pack quarters, we're given looks and glares. But no one says anything, but I sure know what they're thinking.

Jessalyn leads us into the Alpha's office and see them. There's two boys our age, a man that looks as old as dad would be, a woman as old as mom would be and a girl our age. The boy who spoke is tall, has straight short dark brown hair, blue eyes, light skin and has muscles all over his body. The other boy our age, is like him but less good looking and has less muscles. There are two older adults who must be their parents.

The two brothers - who must be Jessalyn's brothers - eye us suspiciously, so does her dad and her mom smiles at us.

"So," Jessalyn starts. "I found these two in our territory and - "

"You know what happens to caught intruders," the less good looking brother says.

"I know, Cameron. But they went through a lot and I bet they're hungry." She looks at us. "Are you two hungry?"

"A little," Nick and I say.

"See? They're hungry and hurt. They were abused and their parents were killed," Jessalyn says. She looks at her very good looking brother. "Please Cade."

Nick groans and looks at me. "Our parents aren't actually dead, they were captured and I lied to you about it. Because mom and dad told me to lie to you so you wouldn't go after them."

"So, now the abusive and cruel leaders can use mom and dad to lead us into a trap and then they could kill us all?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Um, yeah," Nick says.

I can't believe he did that and lied to me about it! I glare at him. I feel myself starting to get tears in my eyes. I storm out and walk into the forest and sit on a rock. I then see someone sit beside me - it's Jessalyn's most good looking brother, Cade.

"I never got your name," he says. "I know that boy is your brother and his name is Nick."

"What if I don't want to tell you my name? Are you going to beat it out of me like my Alpha did three days ago?" I snap. I don't look at him, but I know that he's looking at me.

"No, because I'm not a dick like he is. Am I going to have to keep calling you 'Nick's brother'? Because I still didn't get a name."

"No, because Nick and I aren't staying here for long. Or at all - which do you prefer?" I look at him and see that he's looking at me. Once he knows that he's been caught, he looks away quickly - what a loser.

"I don't know. Maybe a name could help."

I laugh. "You're not giving up on finding my name, are you?"

He smiles and shakes his head. "No."

I smile. "It's Dakota. But some people call me Kota, which is... a weird name."

"Kota." I like the way he says it. "I like that name, it's very original and unique."

"It's a dog's name," I state.

"Aren't we half dogs?" I open my mouth to say something, but he continues. "Wolves are in the canine family and so are dogs. Plus, Dakota and Kota are pretty names."

"Thanks. Caden is a very original name because there's Dakota Fanning, but what about a Caden? There's none, just you."

He looks away, like he's thinking about it, and shrugs. I then hear someone sit on the other side of me - Cameron. I was kind of hoping it would be Nick. "You'll be staying here for a while," he says.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"And you're not the Alpha, Cameron," Caden hisses. Both of them glare at each other.