#6

Harry's POV
The strong bitter stench of sweat stings my nose as I heft 300 lbs weights up and down. I'm flat on my sweaty back in the school weight room bench pressing. The entire lacrosse team is stuffed into the little gym as coach is barking at us, but I don't even hear coach. I keep seeing Rory in my mind, and hearing every awful thing Brody said to her in my ears.

What does Rory see in Brody ?! And how could Brody treat her so terribly?!

With a growl I slam the weights back into place, and sit up, my brown eyes finding my best friend checking himself out in the mirror. How did they even get together in the first place?

"Brody." I settle in next to him, and heft up a pair of weights. Brody's blue eyes don't even pull away from his reflection at my greeting.

"Yeah?" He grunts.

"So, how's your girlfriend?" I ask, and Brody freezes.

"Keep your voice down!" He hisses, glaring at me. Brody worriedly glances around to see if anyone heard, and once the coast is clear he glares at me again.

"Shut up, Harry! What if the team heard you?" He seethes lowly under his breath.

"Why don't you want anyone to know, Brody?" I ask, my knuckles turning white on the metal weights. "Why are you lying about Rory?" I question.

"Don't worry about it." Brody growls. "Just keep quiet about Rory." Brody states lowly, glancing around again when he said her name. Just as I open my mouth Brody beats me to it.

"Anyway, let's not talk about Rory. Are you going to the party tonight?"

Later
I glare over my beer bottle at Brody who is wasted, drunkly bragging, and all over some random drunk girl. Loud rap music pounds in the packed house, and everyone is sweaty and drunk. I'm to sober to have fun, but to buzzed to really care. How can he act like Rory isn't his girlfriend, and just carelessly flirt with every and any pair of legs?

He's making that girl giggle while he talks garage to Rory. He's handy with that girl while he doesn't even talk to Rory in public. He doesn't care about that girl or Rory.

And that pisses me off.

I carelessly drop the beer bottle somewhere, and stumble over to Brody. I glare at my best friend, and shove at his broad shoulder.

"Hey," I growl. "We need to talk." I state, gaining their attention. The drunk girl pouts up at Brody while he narrows his blue eyes at me.

"I'm busy." He slurs, his breath putrid with the stench of booze, and his face flushed. I flinch while speaks, waving off the strong odor.

"No. Now. We need to talk about Rory." I state, crossing my arms over my chest. Rory's name gets his attention, he even sobers up for a spilt second. Brody snaps his blonde head at me, even the girl looks at me in question.

"Whose Rowy?" The girl slurs.

"No one, babe." Brody slurs.

"Babe?!" I snort. And Rory isn't no one! She's a smart, nice girl! And his girlfriend!

"That's it, outside!" I bark, grabbing a fistful of his shirt. "Sorry, he can't talk right now." I excuse Brody to the girl.

"Hey! Hey!" Brody exclaims I drag him through the crowded house. I haul him out in the front yard of the house party, and toss him onto the lawn.

"What's your problem?!" Brody shouts, pulling himself up onto shaky legs.

"You're my problem!" I bark, jabbing a finger at his chest. "How can you act like Ro-" I start but freeze as Brody's face pales.