Chapter Three: Curses

Lucius sat in front of the grand fireplace with a brandy in one hand and his cane in the other. He had the same thought playin over in his head. He was thinkin about what Severus told him weeks ago. Lucius closed his eyes and remebered  the promise he made to dark lord. The promise to make Deliah into a proper death eater. He wondered if it was even right to tell her that Potter was her brother, how would she react  was Lucius's biggest worry. Would telling her ruining his chance of making her into the proper death eater he promised the dark lord?

He took a sip of his drink and looked to his right to find Deliah standing there. Deliah cocked her head to the right and gave him a look. "Are you alright ,Lucius?" she asked with a bit of concern in her voice. Lucius took a deep breath and nodded "Yes, I'm alright. But are you alright I heard a scream and bang upstairs." "Oh you heard that, well I threw my potions book that Severus gave me on the floor," she said. "Well then that explains the bang but what about the scream?" he asked her. She lifted up her left sleeve to reveal the dark mark. "Its burning, I've tired to hold in the pain but lately its been to much. Hasn't yours been burning too?"

He actually hasn't felt his burning very much was it perheps he was used to it and just didn't feel it any more? Or that it wore off after all these years. "Oh mine comes and goes," he said. She put down her sleeve and said "Lucky" under her breath. Luicus stood up, sat his glass on the table and made a smirk. "I think its time to teach you a curse," he said. Deliah grinned with delighted, she loved it when the dark arts got involved. 

Lucius walked with her outside, he could tell that she was eager to get started. "Are you finally going to teach me the Killing Curse?" she asked. He shook his head and said "No I'm not. I think there's someone else that would like to teach it to you, alot more than me." She knew that person was no other than the dark lord, or as she grew up to know him as her father.

"So take it that I'm learning the Cruciatus Curse, then. Since I already know the Imperius Curse" she said. "Yes you are learning the Cruciatus Curse. Now let me explain for the instructions on how to perform the curse is very simple." Deliah nodded as Lucius pulled out his wand. "Poppy!!" he screamed for the new house elf at the top of his lungs. She poked her head out the door just a little bit and said "Poppy is here, Sir. What can Poppy do for you, Sir." 

He told the elf to come outside and stand perfectly still, then he pointed his wand at the elf. "Now when you want to preform the curse just simply point and say Crucio!" The elf fell over in exterme pain but yet Deliah couldn't help but smile. As the elf tried to get up Deliah pulled out her wand and yelled "Crucio!" The elf fell down, again in pain. Lucius clapped "Well done. How did it feel?" "It felt great! I think I love the Cruciatus Curse more than the Imperius Curse," she said. "Well you haven't had a taste of the Killing Curse yet," he said. She nodded in agreement. He walked over and hit the elf with his cane "Get up and get back to work."

Deliah was about to say something when she heard her name being called,but it wasn't a normal voice more like a hiss. She looked at Lucius and the elf, for there mouth was not moving. She heard the hiss again and looked around all frantic. Lucius looked at her "Whats wrong?" She shook her head, "Uhm nothing," she said as she walked past Lucius and went inside.