[04]

4. Stop Talking and Listen  —————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Yesterday he had finally found a job after hours of searching the town, but he did almost give up until he stumbled upon a small, local shoppe that gave instrumental lessons to kids the ages of three to eighteen and they were looking for someone who would be able to teach the people that come in since they were running low on workers after a few moved away. 

he was insanely glad that the manager at the little store didn't judge the people he hired based on their past experiences, because then he would have never been given the job. he enjoyed playing the guitar, singing and listening to music and he was grateful to be able to teach kids how to appreciate the things we were given.

his shift starts in a few hours and he was still laying in bed doing nothing but staring at the blank wall. his sister was lying beside him still sleeping like an angel, ever since she came into his room about a week ago, it's become a regular for them. she can't seem to sleep in her own room, she keeps having reoccurring nightmares of her death and he seemed to forget that he wasn't the only one deeply effected by her passing because his family was very close to her too.

he shook his little sister awake, watching as she stirred and blinked her eyes quickly awake and he grinned at her before saying, "hey, my shift starts in a few hours and i was wondering if you wanted to hang out around town, then maybe you could come to work with me, if you want?"

he adored spending time with her because he knows that she could be gone at any moment and he never will know the last time he'll be able to say i love you to her and that is very scary. he smiled when the girl nodded and began getting out of bed to get dressed, him doing the same. he threw on a plain black tee shirt under the uniquely colored flannel with a pair of tan skinnies and after doing his hair, washing his face and brushing his teeth, he laced up his black vans before heading downstairs where she was waiting for him.

"i was thinking we could get breakfast at the rail and then we could head to work?" he suggested and she nodded eagerly. they haven't been to the rail in so long, it's a local family owned café in the heart of pickering and they use to go there all the time before her death, but they haven't had the courage to walk back in there since.

"let's get going then!" she chimed, grabbing his keys from off the dining room table and rushing out to the car. when he jogged out there behind her, she had already started the vehicle and buckled herself up in the passenger seat with her phone plugged into the aux chord, blaring niykee heaton through the speakers. she was her favorite artist and had a very unique voice, he hoped she went on tour soon so he could get tickets for his sister as a special gift.

when they arrived at the café, they were greeted by everyone who seemed ecstatic to see them there once again. her name wasn't brought up in conversation which they were thankful for, but they were both smiling along with the workers and it was fully genuine as they munched on their strawberry cheesecake. she was a very messy eater and happened to smudge some food on her nose which resulted in having to go to the bathroom to wash up before they said their goodbyes and headed over to the small shoppe where he started his third day of work.

so far, he has only given a stubborn five year old boy and a passionate ten year old girl lessons, but other than them, no one ever came into the store and he was thankful. over the course of three days, he has been able to write his own songs and record them in the sound booth, he was hoping he would be able to show his sister the song he has been working on called A Little Too Much