[12]

(this is the epilogue basically)
12. Spend Time With The People Who Matter Most, Before It's Too Late
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

His dad always told him that life comes at everyone fast, that people are like blades of grass; we come to prime and in time we just wither away. everything changes, the view on the world, forgetting the past, only the photographs left here to remind us of our passing days.

there is honestly no seconds or months to spend wasting, because you'll be too old to realize that your years have sped by like a jet.

he enjoyed growing up especially with the life he lived. he had people to surround himself with that really loved him, he was able to release his music to the public after getting signed to island records, he was able to make a name of himself and he's proud of what he has
done.

sadly, his father was correct on his interpretation on the world. life speeds by you and you don't realize how fast things are going until your hair turns gray and you're too decrepit to even play the guitar anymore.

his voice became raspier, he would have to drink water every second unless he would fall into a coughing frenzy. he took great care of himself, never aged a bit until he reached his sixties, that's when the wrinkles and gray hairs grew up with him.

soon enough, he found himself crouched beside a hospital bed in which his father was on and he said his last words to his dad, 'i love you' before his heart stopped working. his mother followed her husband short after. next, his girlfriend had died in an ambulance when she fainted in their bathroom. she became very weak and smashed her forehead against the counter, died of head trauma on the way to the hospital. he became sickly, moved in with his sister and her husband.

near the end of his story, aaliyah was no longer able to help her brother the way she wanted to, so she found herself crouched beside his hospital bed relinquishing in the memories she had with him and her family. she then realized that she was all the immediate mendes' had left and shawn died later that evening.

he was glad that he was able to spend time with the people who mattered most, before it was too late and the last words he uttered to his sister were 'i love you' because there was no way to stop death from happening and he needed her to know that he did love her and always will.

that's how his journey ended. an emotional coaster full of ups, downs, highs and lows. between deaths, growing old, living out his passion, taking care of his family. most would say he lived a great life, including him.