Chapter Three

STEPHANIES POV

I wake up to Matt screaming

"YOU'RE JUST LIKE DAD"

"DON'T YOU DARE COMPARE ME TO HIM"

I can hear Matt and my mom screaming at eachother already? I looked at the clock it was 11 o'clock. pull the covers off my body and slip into my slippers but before I stand up I hear shattering glass and a bunch of cursing then the front door slammed. I run upstairs to see who left. It was Matt who left. My mom was standing in the doorway flipping him off. Classy, as always. I turn look down to see i'm standing in a pile of glass next to it is a picture frame and an old picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day. My Mom turns around and walks over to pick up the glass.

"What happened." My voice cracking as I look down at the picture

"What?" She said her lips tense up, I could see she was upset

"Why did Matt leave" I say as i step away from the glass

Her eyes watered as she picked up the picture "I'm going on a bussiness trip, Matt got mad about it."

"I'll make breakfast.."I walk around her to get to the kitchen and started making pancakes.

*Later That night*

"I'll be back in a week, don't break anything." Her eyes burning a hole into the back of Matt's head.

"It was one time. Can I have the money now mom?" Matt snapped at her

"Here Stephanie. I love you sweetie" she said as she kissed my forehead and handed me the money.

"Bye mom." I say as she walks out the door. She gets into her car and drives away, for the third time this month.

"Hey Scars, give me the money." Matt said cruelly, I handed him the money and went downstairs my eyes slowly filling with tears.

I turn up my radio "breath me" by Sia comes on. I lay down on my floor and start crying, hands covering my mouth. I black out. Suddenly I'm awake? I'm Sitting at my desk.. Shaking, hot tears are streaming down my face, I'm giving I to the urge this time.. I'm sick of it. I get out my old eyeliner sharpener and smash it with a rock I got from the ocean last year, I try to stop myself but it doesn't work. I pick up the blade and slowly pull it across my wrist.A single Scarlet line appear slowly, next cut I do it goes deeper, a deep red appears this time, i repeat this several times. I watch the blood slowly roll down my arm, I missed this so much. I close my eyes and drop the blade on my desk, when I open my eyes I'm on the ground again.. I instantly sit up and look at my arm, no cuts only my old scars. It had been a dream.

*Later that night*

"OPEN YOUR DAMN DOOR" I could hear Matt pounding on the door with all his might. I open the door slightly

"What do you want?" I question him as he stands in front of me impatiently

"I'm taking forty bucks for beer" he said barely standing straight up

"No, Matt you've had enough to drink." I say slightly afraid and start closing my door, I know Matt's an aggressive drunk

"I said I'm taking money!" Matt said as he pushed my door open, sending me back.

"Matt, I said no!" I try to push Matt back but he's two times my size and can easily move me.

"MOVE!" Matt yelled and threw me against the wall on the opposite side of the room. My head hits the wall first. As soon as I impact the wall my vision goes blurry and I see Matt grab my wallet, then as if someone hit the lights off everything went black.

I wake up to Matt's ex girlfriend saying my name.

"Stephanie?" Her voice sounding panicked

"Steph?!" Her hands touch my arms, my eyelids flutter open

"Stephanie! Oh god are you okay? What happened? I heard Matt yelling." Her eyes were as big as the moon and filled with fear

"He got mad" my voice was quiet. When did Kelly get back in town? How long will she be back this time? 

"Shit, Matt" she mumbled something else but I couldn't understand her "Steph, can you get up?" Her voice caring as usual, how did Matt even date her?

"Yeah ill be okay." I say as I sit up. Hearing footsteps upstairs I realize Matt's still having his party. "You better head back to the party.." I say fake smiling

"Yell if you need me." She said as she walked out the door.