Chapter 7

Aurora POV:

I opened my eyes and lifted my head just in time to see Eli sprinting out of the room. That's one weird guy. I checked the time on my phone. Sigh i have 20 minutes left. I picked up my pencil and wrote in my name 'Aurora Mae' i don't use my last name anymore. No one needs to know I'm related too...them...

Once i had turned in my worksheet, i started walking down the hall towards the restroom. When i got there i heard snickering and turned around to see the one and only. Brittany Swanson. And her slut crew.  Ive had to deal with them since elementary school. And Damn, do i hate them. 

*FLASHBACK*

"Hi! I'm Aurora I'm new here!" I said to the pretty girl with long hair

"Ew. Girls is this 'thing' really talking to me?" She snickered to her friends

"Wha-What?" I stuttered, confused

"I mean really! haha look at those pigtails. SO childish! and that sundress. Nasty!" She said with a mean look on her face

"Why are you being so mean to me?" I whispered, as a tear rolled down my face

"Awee. Look the baby is crying! haha. This is Second grade freak. Not pre-school. Get a new wardrobe." She practically yelled. As her and her group walked off. Everyone was staring at me and laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When i got off the bus , i ran up my driveway. When i reached my front door my mother opened it and pulled me in for a big hug. 

"How was your first day baby?" My mother asked, with a big smile on her face

"It was bad mommy, i don't like it here, can we go somewhere else?" I said shyly

"Oh baby, what happened?"  She asked as she picked me up and carried me into the kitchen, placing me on the counter.

"There are these really mean girls! They made fun of the way i look, and called me a freak." I said tears rolling down my cheeks

"Oh honey, you cant let people like those mean girls bring you down! Wanna know a secret?" She asked with a sneaky smile on her face

"What?" i giggled

"When someone makes fun of the way you look, they are doing it because they are jealous that they aren't as Gorgeous as you!" She squealed

"Really?!?!" i asked, surprised

"Yes really, i mean who wouldn't be jealous? You have beautiful long black hair, And your tall, and every thing you wear makes your eyes pop!" She said as she kissed my forehead.

"Thanks mommy! Your gorgeous too you know." i said

"Really?" She asked

"Well of course i had to get it from someone!" i giggled

"Oh thank you baby! Now wanna have our special treat?" She asked

"Yay! Rice krispies!" i yelled jumping up and down on the counter.

My mother smiled as she pulled the ingredients out of the cabinets.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I smiled at the memory. My mom had the most  beautiful smile. Its been soo long since ive seen it...

"Hey Freak! What are you smiling about? Look girls, she is such a freak." Brittany snickered towards her friends. They all burst out laughing.

"At  least I'm not a blonde bimbo like you sluts" i muttered as i entered the bathroom. 

"Excuse me bitch! What did you just call us?" Brittany demanded

I laughed and went to wash the drawings off my hands

"Answer me when i talk to you!" Brittany yelled

"Make me." I said, challenging her farther. I looked back down at my hands.. I felt a palm and nails pressed against the back of my head then with a forceful push and my head made hard contact with the mirror. I let a out a scream, then whipped around and punched her square in the face, knocking her to the ground.

"Don't ever touch me. I don't want to catch your AIDS." I said as i walked out of the bathroom

"You'll pay for this freak!" Brittany screamed as i walked away

"Yea i know" I whispered under my breath. That felt so good! I thought to myself. Ive wanted to do that for a while. I felt a drip down my face, i reached my hand up and felt something wet. Really wet, i brought my hand back down and looked at it. Blood, Lots and lots of blood. Shit. Fucking shit. I pulled out my phone and checked the time. I have 10 minutes until second period starts.

I put my phone back into my pocket and sprinted up the stairs and down the hall to my locker. As i ran down the hall  i passed a guy. I couldn't tell who though. Honestly, i didn't really care. When i got to my locker i quickly opened it and searched my backpack for my relief kit. Its filled with band aids and, liquid bandage and practically everything id ever need. I pulled the mirror out of my backpack and sat down, then placed it on my door, the magnets holding it in place. 

I started to dab at the wound with a cotton ball soaked in hydrogen peroxide. i winced at the pain, but dabbed harder, knowing that i only have a few  minutes left. I carefully applied the liquid bandage and  combed my hair over the wound hiding it from the world. I stood up and shoved the kit back in my bag and picked up all the bloody rags and walked across the hall to throw them away. 

When i turned back around, he was standing at my locker with a smirk on his face, holding a bottle of aspirin.

"What do you want?" i asked as i looked towards the ground and brushed past him to get to my locker.

"Looked like a nasty cut, looked painful...so i brought aspirin!" he chirped. i looked up to see he had the goofiest grin on his face. It was actually kinda cute. That's when reality packed my bags and brought me back. He was walking with Brittany, they are friends, she has probably told him all kinds of lies about me. Meaning he is probably got something up my sleeve that will leave me in pain. So i replied:

"Ill pass." grabbed my books, slammed my locker, and headed off down the hall. Right as the bell rang.