8: Just the way you are

Katniss POV
I try my hardest to cover my check with make up.
Yes my mom did slap me. Hard that it left a red mark and a blue bruise.
Both me and Peeta are available so we are meeting today. At the same spot as last time and he promised to take me to that spot today.
I am wearing a blue dress that just goes to my knees. Black heeled boots are in my feet and my hair is in a high pony.
Octavia walks into my room. "Oh you are going somewhere. Your mother is sorry."
Rolling my eyes, I grab my purse. "She is not Octavia. Not to get you in the middle of this, but she hit me. My own mother hit me. Bye I got to go."
Running downstairs, I am soon out the door walking towards the woods.
Peeta and I haven't talked since the dance. Since the kiss. My feelings are confusing, but I know for sure that I hate Gale.
Peeta is the total opposite of Gale. He is sweet, kind, nice, cares about others, and a lot more. Gale is well, rude, can be nice, and I can't really describe him.
Climbing under the fence and walking towards the oak tree, I get a glimpse of Peeta pacing back and forth.
I pick up my pace and call out, "Peeta?!"
He turns around and a huge smile forms on his face.
"Katniss!" Once I reach there he hugs me.
"Hey Peeta. Why are you so happy?"
All of a sudden he becomes quiet, than Peeta smiles. "First off, I am showing you the place. Second, I have to tell you something. That's been creeping up on me for days."
I grab his hand. "Well, okay let's go."
Peeta starts to run and pulls me with him.
"Peeta!" I shriek happily,
I hear him laugh a little and we are slowing down. Suddenly, I see we are in front of a lake. It has a grassy beach but there is a small cottage down the water line. There are old buildings all around and Peeta leads me to this rock.
Peeta sits down, pulls me next to him too. "This is my special place. I go here when I am sad or I just need to think. I needed to do the yesterday. To have a day to think about all the wonderful things in life. And all the bad things."
Teasing him, I exclaim, "Peeta, your the Prince. You shouldn't have to worry about anything."
He gives me a small smile. "My mom is making me propose to Delly. But I don't want too. I am in love with this beautiful girl. Who has dark brown hair and sparkling grey eyes. I kissed her once too."
My eyes widen in shock. Peeta is in love with me? No one would love me.
Peeta all of a sudden grabs a guitar that was leaning against and old grey stoned wall and begins strumming a tune. Than he starts to sing:

Oh, her eyes, her eyes make the stars look like they're not shinin'
Her hair, her hair falls perfectly without her trying
She's so beautiful and I tell her everyday
Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her she won't believe me
And it's so, it's so sad to think that she don't see what I see
But every time she asks me "Do I look okay? "
I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change 'cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
Yeah

Her lips, her lips, I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
Her laugh, her laugh she hates but I think it's so sexy
She's so beautiful, and I tell her everyday

Oh you know, you know, you know I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same
So don't even bother asking if you look okay, you know I'll say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

The way you are
The way you are
Girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

Yeah

When he finishes, Peeta takes my hands. "I know it's dangerous. But I love you Katniss Everdeen."
I stand up and face him. Tears form in my eyes as I say this wiping the make up off my cheek. He gasps. "Peeta, my mom is forcing me to marry Gale. Any day now he will propose. Yesterday, I kinda told my mom I didn't love Gale, which I don't, and she slapped me. Peeta, I l-love you too!"
Tears are escaping my eyes and are rolling down my cheeks.
Peeta pulls me into a hug and I cry into his chest. I love this man so much. I just didn't realise until now.
Peeta says, "Hey listen to me. We will get through this. I am going to my grandpa's house tomorrow. I will ask out of nowhere why our families hate each others. Maybe I can find out and I can tell you."
I nod my head and slowly start to stop crying. "Thank you Peeta."
"Anything for you."
It's silence for a few minutes. All we are doing is staring into each other's eyes. His beautiful crystal ocean blue ones and my stormy grey eyes. We both start to lean in and suddenly our lips meet. Peeta's lips are soft and gentle against mine like they were the first time we kissed. Sparks Fly everywhere and I start to smile into the kiss. He smiles too and I think about what if I didn't meet him? How different my life would be. I am so thankful to have met Peeta.

We pull away to breathe and I smile at him. "Wow."
"Yes wow." Peeta responds leaning his forehead on to mine. I know we have to keep this love a secret, but we aren't together yet. But I really hope we are soon.

Hey guys. Yes a big Everlark moment! They both told each other their feelings!
I will update soon.
I really hope you liked this chapter.
Please comment and vote
Remember I follow back.
Madi :)