What About The Children?

*Tatiana in mm

Journey

We made it to Applebee's to meet our friends for dinner. To say it was a bit of a struggle with three children under the age of six would be an understatement. I guess the plus side was that Honesty had fallen asleep on the ride over.

"Well it's the Carters and it looks like we've expanded." Andre observed as they watch us pile in.

"Yeah, just for a little bit." Justin replied as he helped Pryce into his seat.

"Hi.I'm Pryce Jaray Peebles." He introduced himself.

"Well, hello there Pryce. I'm Mrs. Taylor, this is Mr. Andre and this is our son AJ."

AJ didn't even say anything he just gave him one of his Avenger toys and they started playing with each other.

"This is Angel. She's a little shy." I smiled down at her. "This sleeping Beauty here is Honesty." I pointed to the car seat.

"But how did you all end up-" Taylor asked looking between us and the kids.

"Ministry, honey. Min-is-try!" I waved her off knowing she would understand.

We did a little small talk until the waitress came back to take our drink orders.

"Hey, Tara can we have a few minutes to get our orders together?" Justin asked her.

"Sure, no problem. I'll be back with your drinks." She smiled and turned away from our table.

"So are you all ready for Sunday? Five years is a long time in ministry." I asked her.

"Who are you telling? We're not going to talk about how they're still 'adjusting' to change. It's just not the older ones either. We just follow God's lead." Taylor aid rubbing her baby bump.

"I understand. I still think a few of them are trying to make Justin a widower. I keep telling them to stop cooking for me." I rolled eyes.

Of course Justin and Dre were talking amongst themselves when the waitress came back to take our orders.

"Chicken!" Both of the boys yelled when we asked what they wanted.

"Angel, what do you want, sweetie?" I asked her and she pointed to the mac and cheese.

We gave our orders and I picked up my phone to call Tatiana again only for it not to ring at all, but it went straight to voice-mail. I shook my head and blew after leaving her another message.

"She's still not picking up, babe?" Justin asked in my ear as I shook my head in the negative.

"So, Taylor do you want to give them the news or should I?" He looked he held her hand up and kissed it making her blush.

"Look at them being cute." I leaned into Justin a little bit.

"I know. We still know how to make 'em blush." Dre and Justin fist bumped across the table.

"Oh, hush." Taylor swatted him. "Anyway, we found out that we are having drumroll please?"

Of course the boys heard 'drumroll' and went crazy on the table. Angel even got a few taps in there.