Chapter nine: Cruising 'till we get there

Another day, another cruise. Fortunately for us and the Flash warriors, the other ships were parked beside the forest, still secured and ready to use- also safe from the three-headed dragon's flames. They escorted the villagers to their ships before departing to Sonata village. A decent-looking village yet a crowded one if you ask me for further details.

It was a shame that we left Quarté. None of us would be able to live from the west, east, or even in the south because the villages were very occupied. Sadly though, even Snowfall village was the only village known in the north. That's what I know at least. "Are we there yet?" I asked Claes, leaning on the railing next to him while he took charge of the steering wheel. 

"No," he replied with a flat tone.

"What about now?"

"No."

"Now?"

"No."

"How about now?"

Thirty minutes later (I kept my eyes on the time in secret). "Now?" My eyes became heavy. I wanted to have a nice sleep since I didn't get any after what had happened.

"I'm hungry, do we have anything to eat?" I asked. My stomach is really churning as if a volcano eruption is popping inside my belly.

"You just ate."

"I'm hungry."

"We'll be there soon."

"Really?"

"No."

Eight yawns, later. "Are we there yet?"

"Yes."

"Really?" I raised my voice.

"No." He shook his head. I was screaming in my head.

"Oh, come on!" Suddenly, the ship stopped. My body abruptly jolted forward over the top of the railing before I went back to maintaining my balance. "Whoa, what just . . . ."

"We're here." As Claes called every one, they started to pack their things and waited for the ship to be parked next to ashore. We landed on a green landscape with green mountains farther away. The temperature was far different compared to Snowfall village. Slightly felt like Southern Quarté, so everyone who packed their remaining belongings looked like melting snowmen from all their sweaty faces and thick outfits.

"Everyone, the village of Sonata is right this way, follow me," gestured Craully to the villagers. We became friends when Sean introduced her to me. She had white hair, green eyes, wearing winter clothes (still), black pants, and slick boots. She and Nurse Joy automatically became very close, since they had plenty of things in common, even with Doctor Walden. At Northern Quarté, she told me that she was a strategist and a medic assassin (So that's a hardcore job). As the people went with her, my family and I, of course together with Sam, stayed with Claes.

Here's an important thing about Sam's family that I almost forgot to mention, right now, he is living with his grandmother and aunt when his parents got divorced. I'm kidding, I'm kidding. His father was an archaeologist who had a special trip in the land of Kuma while his mother was a member of the Alliance Council, doing Alliance Council stuff, I guess. During this situation, Sam's aunt was with his mother to attend a confidential meeting. In other words, his mom and aunt were sisters. The other Flash warriors went north and west to check if the dragon was on sight while weapons were ready. "The rest of you follow us," our mom instructed.

"Mom, you know where to bring us?" I turned to her.

"No time, son, we must move." She turned and ushered us toward a tall mountain. It was not our favorite part. Climbing all the way to the top while it was completely boring. Claes and Sean were muttering, maybe surprised about mom's condition. There was a little break due to our tardiness, but we managed to gain our strength and head-on. "Are we there yet?" I asked, whining on the inside.