Believe

"Scott, just because Jackson is a butt-head doesn't mean that Santa isn't real. He was just staying that to mess with you about Lydia kissing you on the swings." Stiles says, patting his best friend's back with a gentle smile since he hates to Scott upset. Scott is so nice to everyone, he doesn't deserve this or anyone else being mean to him, and they shouldn't be if Stiles has anything to say about it. "Look, my dad told me that Santa was real and my dad is super smart." Stiles says, and Scott turns his head to smile at him. "Jackson should ask Santa for a new brain for Christmas." Stiles teases, and it works since Scott manages to give him a smile. "Come on. Let's walk home." Stiles says, and Scott nods his head.

"Wait, you two." Stiles hears, and he turns his head to see Derek Hale. He's older than them, he's twelve years old to Stiles and Scott's eight, and his mother makes him wake home all the kids that live in the neighborhood. "Where's Erica and Isaac?" Derek asks, looking around for the youngest of the kids.

"Here I am!" Isaac says, running up behind with his hand in Erica's as they make their way home. They look alike (They're twins, Scott, of course they look alike), and they're only five. They only leave a few blocks from school, Stiles knows that their mother can see the school from her porch, and Derek knows his head as he walks behind them in case they wander off. "Break starts tomorrow." Isaac sings, swinging his sister's hand in his as they walk.

"Yeah. It's going to be fun." Stiles says, nodding his head. He sometimes can't understand Isaac since he has a lisp, but the kid is cute so he doesn't mind, and Erica is a little terror to anyone who messes with her brother. "I see your Mom." Stiles says, and Isaac turns his head before running to his house with a large shout of "mama!" and Erica turns towards him before waving at him.

"Bye, Stiles." Erica whispers, before she erupts into giggles. Stiles waves at her as he continues to walk while Mrs. Reyes yells a thank you to Derek, and Stiles turns towards him. He thinks he's too big for a baby sitter, it's not that long of a walk he can do it on it his own but his mother won't let him, and turns to talk to Scott about the class party.

"So, Derek. What do you want Santa to bring you?" Scott asks the older boy, and Stiles turns towards him. Derek is about to tell him that Santa isn't real, but he really doesn't want to tell a kid that that still believes in the myth. "I asked him for a new bike." Scott says, happily as he hops on his toes before he makes himself so excited that he has to puff on his inhaler. Stiles watches him to make sure that he's okay before he looks at Derek, waiting for his answer since he's curious what a big boy could want for Christmas.

"I asked for a bike too and a new baseball bat." Derek tells him, and Scott smiles at him while he starts to talk about the bike he wants. Derek stands still when they get to Scott's house and he waves a Melissa before he walks next to Stiles to get him home as soon as he can since he wants to play his new video game. "Bye, Scott. Have a nice Christmas." Derek says, and Scott waves at him while he runs inside. Stiles turns towards Derek and looks at him while he waits for him to say something, he doesn't like the quiet but he doesn't want to annoy Derek but he's never seen Derek annoyed or angry so maybe he doesn't get angry.

"My dad's home." Stiles says, excitedly looking at the house and he sighs before looking at Derek. "Thanks for not telling Scott that Santa isn't real. Jackson was being a butt munch to him." Stiles says, and Derek smiles at him before he ruffles Stiles' hair.

"No problem, kid. Have a good Christmas." Derek tells him, and Stiles nods his head as he watches him from the porch. He likes Derek, maybe he likes the fact that Derek doesn't mind waving at him when he's with his friends or that he smells nice, and maybe he likes Derek since it seems that Derek likes him. Stiles will believe that anyways.