The Club

"Linus....it's so boring without anyone around to hang with.....where the hell do you and Ollie go everyday?!"

Duncan was sprawled upside down on Linus's couch while Linus and Olliver were fumbling with papers.

"You wouldn't be interested....it's intellectual..." Olliver answered, shoving a folder into his backpack. Duncan frowned.

"Well then why's that guy going?" He whined whilest pointing at Linus.

"Well screw you too asshole...." Linus grumbled. Olliver rolled his eyes.

"Do you REALLY think that you could sit still for more than six seconds?"

"No....." Duncan replied honestly, then he pulled himself upright and stared intently at the boy with a high curiosity. "But I'm sure I could try! Pleaseeeee! Ollie!? Lice?!"

"....did you really just call me Lice?" Linus said as he eyed Duncan oddly.

"Well....you call me Dunce so...."

"Lice doesn't even make sense dumbass...."

"Neither does Dunce! I'm smart!"

Both Olliver and Linus snorted while Duncan sighed angerly and flopped backwards with his arms folded across his chest.

"Yeah well....you can at least take me to that mystery-place once......it won't hurt anything...."

"No.....today's a big day....you'll ruin i-"

"Why not....he's our friend anyway Ollie..." Linus interrupted Olliver's cynical complaints. "Seriously....what's the worst that could happen?"

"Aria and Duncan would go wrecking things and yelling things way too loudly." Olliver hinted.

"Really....doesn't that happen everyday?"

"Oi.....I can still hear you two guys...." Duncan pouted. The two boys looked over their shoulders at their friend.

"....fine....why not..." Olliver muttered.

Duncan's face lit up and he hopped in the air.

"YESSSSSSSSSSsssss!"

Olliver and Linus both let out a breath and looked at each other with tired eyes.

"Come on! Let's go!"

"It's not for another half hour Dunce...."

"I don't care! Let's go!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So.....what's this thing again?"

Linus and Olliver had led their friend to the back of Kenichi's Mariketo, the local grocery store, and they had entered a large room. Duncan was looking around expecting something other than this oddly large table. Linus and Olliver both rolled their eyes and sat down.

"The Adventure Club.....it's where we play tabletop games....." Said Olliver, adjusting his glasses. "It may not look like much now but believe me.....it gets intense."

"You have no freaking idea man, like we're starting a new game today, Aria always makes the BEST stories."

"Aria?" Duncan questioned. He had lived here his whole life, and so had everyone else who lived here.....and he had never heard of an "Aria."

"Yeah. Apparently she's Mrs. Drive's grandaughter. She's AWESOME."

"Mrs. Drive?! No wayyy!" Mrs. Drive had been their fifth grade English teacher and everyone who had a soul loved her.