Chapter One

Denver's POV

I was seated at my dinner table, my father at the head of said table and my mother to his right.

My older brother,Thomas, was once again missing from this family affair, just as he had been for the past three weeks.

My father is a cardiac surgeon. One of the most respected in our region. My mother, whom he'd met while completing his residency, was a member of every high in country club within a twelve mile radius. Suffice to say they were well known around this area.

One of the many rich couples on this side of town and parents to Thomas and Denver (me) Potter.

While my parents were rich and well known, I wasn't. Well I was when we went to THEIR social outings, but in my high school life I was a nobody. The only thing I got recognized for was my grades or my parents and that recognition always came from teachers or random strangers who wanted an in with my parents.

My brother Thomas was a year older than me. He was supposed to be their only child. He was supposed to have remarkable grades all throughout school and then become a highly praised lawyer.

They even had a girl in mind, for him to marry.

To bad none of that worked out.

My brother was my best friend. Well pretty much.

My brother was the only person in my life that belived I was'nt a waste of space.

Death comes when you least expect it. heartbreak comes when you least expect it. And lies, lies you never expected to be truths come to light.

***Flashback*** My Parents decided to takle a spur of the moment vaccacion, without me of course, leaving me to fend for myself. Which I didn't really mind, being free of them was a blessing. Even better my brother was scheduled to come home. Being a big time lawyer in Chicago took up most of his time, but he tried to come home as frequently as possible.

"Oh how I freaking LOVE junk food. So glorious, fried cheesey goodness, chocolate yumminess!" I was currently alternating feeding myself double fudge ice cream and double cheese pizza. Double. Doulbe. Doulbe. This was the kinda food I never got with my parents around. They found it unsophisticated and will add to the fat rolls, that according to them i had already.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNGGGG.................RIIIIIIIIIIINGGG

"This better be Tommy! Your running late dude!" I dragged myself off the comfiest couch in the world and made my way to my cell phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Denver Potter?" A male voice came over the phone

"Um, yes this is she."

"So that means you are the sister and blood relative of one, Mr. Thomas Potter?"

"Yes sir, what is this all about?"

"I'm with Weaver Medical Home for Wellness. We are sorry to tell you that your brother, who had been voluntary staying in our facility has passed on."

Nothing. I felt nothing. "What do you mean? What's Weaver Medical Home? No. This is all wrong, my brother isn't there. Your wrong! He's on his way home. Right Now."

The man on the other end of the line cleared his throat " I'm very sorry Miss. but your brother had a substance abuse problem which is the reason he has been staying in our rehabilitation facility. But it seems that he has relapsed, which means we failed in our duty as well and for that we are so sorry."

No. This is completly wrong. My brother was a succesful lawyer in Chicago, my brother was a Potter. Potter's did'nt have substance abuse problems. Potter's had ego problems. This wasn't real, not my big brother. Not the brother would dress up as a super hero every Halloween and Christmas and take candy and presents to the local orphanage.

"Now, you were listed as his emergency contact. Which means we will hold his body here and wait for your retreaval of him."

He kept talking. Kept giving me details on when, how, where to come collect him. Him. His body. The body of the only person in the world I could talk to. My big brother. My ally.

No.

Now I'm alone.