The family

When I look back at how my family reacted I should have known something was up.

My mum being herself was over excited. In a wiccan line powers come from the women of the family. My mum was the odd ball, no one knows where she got her powers. A child will get the powers her ancestors. My sisters and I got our grams powers, control over the elements. Mum can move things with her mind, bit odd in our family. When we told her about my engagement, her excitement was so strong that the furniture started to shake, the dishes went flying in the air.

My dad had to try and calm her down, not an easy task I might add. Im glad he is not a witch, us girls in the family got it covered.

I have three other sisters. We each have an element. I have power over water, my oldest sister Courtney is 25 and has the ability to use fire at her will, Abby is 20, a year younger than me, she controls earth and rock, and our baby sister Melinda, named after the witch who started our line, is 15 and has the power of wind and air.

The elements can be fun, but when you accidentally open all the taps in a classroom and flood it because your nervous about a test, it's bad. Again it was a total accident. I mean I'm not that bad, Courtney set a girls hair on fire, Abby caused an earthquake, and once when Melinda was 5 she had a temper tantrum that ripped the door off the hinges and burst all the windows.

I swear we are good witches. Our powers are connected to our emotions. Dont get me started on when its that time of the month. Dad has learned to leave, he sleeps over a friends house or goes to a hotel. Furniture moving, burn marks on the walls, rain storms, cracks in the foundation, doors hanging on by a hinge, im glad our whitelighter is a good handy man.

My sisters and I are closer now than when we were teen. Jealousy is not uncommon but I mean were girls. I love them very much, I can't picture a world without them.

Anyway... everyone was excited about my engagement but, Courtney had lit the tips of her hair on fire. She only does that when she is mad or on her period. I know she was mad because we all get ours at the same time, and that was last week.

Riley just learned about witches and now he is dealing with five. My poor fiance, the furniture is moving, the floor is starting to crack, the taps all opened, Courtney's hair is on fire and Melinda is in a mini twister. This might be a little stressful for him.

"Mom," Rosie said calmly, "I just told Riley about witches. We should get going, he looks a bit spooked."

" But hunny this is our first time meeting!" her mom countered.

Suddenly all the taps closed, the water on the floor gathered together and rose in the air. Once the water was in a large bubble, it started to move towards the door. Rosie walked to the door under the big bubble, were she brought it down so she could hold it in her hands before throwing it into the empty pool. This is Rosie always did before leaving when she opened the taps.

"Good bye mother."