Being Marshall Lee's Friend

Thanks for reading this story. It means a lot.

I arrived at Fionna's rambunctious treehouse only to discover that Marshall had gotten there first. I cringed and I'm most certain that my eye actual twitched...he was singing, in the deep voice that made my insides churn, and he had a hold on Fionna's waist so tightly I thought he might hurt her. That's it I'm outta here I have a waffle cone coated balcony to finish designing anyway. I turned trying my hardest not to get pissed.
"Gumball! Wait!" I stopped dead in my tracks and turned. Fionna had caught sight of me right before I could leave...shit. Marshall had a slight blush on his face. Yes you manslut I saw you!
"Oh Fionna!" I smiled politely, like I always do. Forced but polite.
"I noticed you had company, I didn't want to interrupt...I'm rather busy at the moment anyway" I dismissed her with a wave, hoping that she would return to her playful banter with Marshall.
"No, no Marshall just showed up out of nowhere, like he always does" she smiled at me hopefully.
He look rather angry at that remark...in fact he look...date I say it...jealous. Of me or Fionna.
"Seriously though you should come inside Gumball" she grabbed my hand.
"Okay well I'm leaving" his chocolate melting voice hissed at her.
"So soon?" I asked with a flutter of my eyelashes.
His blush shocked me. A rather attractive plum color blanketed his strong face. Who knew the vampire could muster up the blood for a delightful flush.
"Well I have a party to get too" he muttered.
"So it would seem" I glanced at his attire...black skinny jeans and a button up shirt, a rather abused looking pair of chucks on his feet.
"Well not everyone wears pink gum butt" Fionna seemed in her own little world throughout this conversation.
"Real MEN wear pink" I said arrogantly with emphasis on the man part.
"Only real PANSIES hang out with a girl and her cat on a Saturday" he sneered.
"Well I'm sorry I'm too busy to attend a party for juvenile delinquents" I fired back.
"That's because your too pussy to have any real fun"

My face got hot and as badly as I wanted to tell him exactly how I felt I held my tongue like a true gentleman.
"I'm more of a man than you'll ever aspire to be, vampire"
His eyes when widened and a mischievous grin flashed across his face.

"Then prove it, come to the party"

"I don't have time" I uttered

"Why not? You got a date with old Mrs. Creamuff?" He laughed rather obnoxiously.

"Alright then imbecile, I'll attend this party...but on my terms" I pointed my finger to the middle of his chest. "Not yours!".

"Can do Gumwad" he twisted away from my finger "I'll pick you up at 10"

"10 is rather late"