Chapter 1

My name is Elizabeth Smith. I am 17 years old
and I think I've gone insane.

Everywhere I go I here whispering in my head. I've told my mother and father but that just led me to being placed in mental institution. They tell me it's nothing, that what I'm hearing is an illusion but I know that it's not.
They give me pills, injections, a sea of medication but the voices just won't stop just repeating "Alice Alice Alice"

I've tried to kill myself twice just to make the voices stop but after that I was kept in a straight jacket. The doctors say its for my own good but it just makes me more and more crazy.

Right now I'm sitting in a room talking to another doctor.
"So, Lizzy." I hate that nickname "I'm told that you here voices. Am I correct?"
"Yes." I always answer like this, monochrome, emotionless. I've been here long enough to know that they don't help so why should I try?
"And what do these voices say to you?" He is poised with his stupid notebook, ready to write down whatever I say.
"Alice."
"Alice?"
"Yes, it's just the word Alice"
"And what does that word mean for you?" He is scribbling down furiously, not even looking at me.
"Nothing, it's just a name"
"Have you ever met anyone called Alice? Or read any books with characters called Alice?"
"No. Never."
"Well, Lizzy, I'm going to double your dosage and try a new medicine. Dotanene" (not a real medicine) I just rolled my eyes. They think that if they get patients high enough that the problems they face will just vanish.
"Okay doctor"
"A nurse in on her way to escort you back to your room" Really? Escort? Don't you mean make sure I don't go crazy on the way back to my room.

We both sit for a moment in awkward silence until a kind looking nurse arrives at the door.
"Lizzy? Come on, lets get you back to your room." She helps me up and gently pushes me out of the doctors office, towards my room. The walls, floor, even the door is padded to make sure I don't hurt myself

Once the nurse left and locked the door behind her I start to pace my room, listening to the voices
"alice alice Alice Alice ALICE ALICE ALICE!!!" The voices were screaming and I felt my tether snap.
"OH MY GOD!!!! SHUT UP!!! You're always saying the same words, alice, Alice, ALICE!!! If I'm going to have voices in my head, can't they at least say more than one thing. WHAT DOES ALICE EVEN MEAN???" I stand in the centre of the room, screaming at nothing when
Click
The lock! I hesitantly push on the door and...it opens! I look around, slightly fangirling at this new found freedom. I look around to find a note on the floor
Follow the white rabbit