Chapter 1: Born Dead

My name is Ethan Smith and I was born unique. And I know what your thinking, "Everybody is born unique. Everybody is born different." But that is not what I am talking about. I am actually born differently from any human on Earth. And no, I'm not an alien. I am an actual human with human parents.
I'm going to start from the beginning of my life.
I was born on October 28th, 1998. When I was born, there was something unusual about me. I wasn't born prematurely or sick. I was born, as you say, dead. I wasn't breathing.
Having my sister was a miracle. If she wasn't alive they would've discarded me. My parents wanted her to see me before they got rid of me.
My sister was with my grandmother, 2 hours from the hospital. They kept me beside my mom.
I saw my mom sitting there on her stretcher smiling at me on the bed beside her. I saw myself. I wasn't in that bed. I was sitting at the feet of my mom. I got cold sitting there without anything on so I started to cry. My mom didn't notice me.
I cried for like a half an hour until I got tired and fell asleep.
The next thing I know when I woke up is I see this brunette 6 year old cradling me. It startled me so much I started to cry.
The girls tear filled eyes widened and she quickly whipped her head to look at my mom. Mom's eyes also had tears in them. She had a smile on that didn't match her eyes.
That's where it all began.