Chapter 4: The Big News

When I returned to my body, I was in my room in my bed. I don't know how I got up there, but I'm pretty sure it was dad.
    I slept for about an hour or so. When I woke up, it was about time for dinner. I was waiting for this for so long. I rose up from my bed and sped down the stairs.
    Dinner was just being set out on the table. We were having grilled chicken, mash potatoes, and a piece of sausage.
    To make it look like the fight today is still on my mind, I didn't say a word to Mom.
     "Hi Dad," I said.
     "Hi Ethan," Dad said with no trace of a secret hidden. Dad is a good actor. OK Dad, two people can play this game.
      I gave my mom an evil glance and said not a word to her. It is clear it effected her a bit because a small frown pulled at her lips.
     "So Ethan, how was your studies?" Dad asked.
     "Oh they were great," I said throwing an evil glare at Mom again.
      "Oh yeah. So I've heard," Dad said also glancing at Mom,"So Ethan have you seen anybody outside lately?"
       Come on and tell me!
      "No I can't say I have."
      "Well I have. He was a red headed kid. He looked about your age. Do you think he goes to the high school here?"
        "Maybe. If he lives here."
   Mom finally speaks up, "Can you tell us if he does on Monday?"
   A wide smile crawls across my face,"What do you mean?" I asked.
   Mom clears her throat like it is hard for her to say it.
    "I mean when you go to school on Monday and see the kid will you tell us if he goes there?" Mom asked.
    "Do you mean I'm going to the public school?"
    "Yes, Ethan, that is what I'm saying."
    I just had to hear her say it.
    "Thanks Mom! Thank you Dad!"
    For the rest of dinner I had the biggest smile on my face. I was done first so I could get ready for school even though it is two days away. I have to be ready.
    I got up to go to my room when Dad grabbed my arm and whispers,"Next time you think of eavesdropping on me and your mom, try not to sleep with a smile on your face when you just had an argument."
     Yeah, I guess nobody smiles in their sleep after a big argument. Oh well, the deed has been done. I'm going to school.