Up the Hill

That side... Or that side... Wait no, that side is least steep.

After not being able to choose which side of the hill I'd clime, I just went straight, even though there were jagged rocks.

I sucked in a bunch of air as I neared the hill, feeling the sand turn to grass, with my feet. Here I go! And I grabbed the first stone.

I launched my feet up to the next rock, and it wasn't to hard. Nearing the end of the rocks, I stepped on a little rock to my right. Let's just say, an unstable rock, it was.

I slid back, but leaned forward and caught myself.

"Phew. That was close," I said while my heart still raced like it was in the olympics.
Then I reached the top.

I did something that I never did before, I thought with a smile, but of course... I've never crashed into the shore of a cove with a mouth full of sand.

Next obstacle, a vineyard? There must be people around... And just what I was looking for... food!

I jog up to the grapes silently. I use the branches as cover from any watchers, and I quickly stuff grapes everywhere, in my shoes, pockets, shirt.

And then I heard a noise... A low, growling, noise. I looked both to my right and left, deciding I should go make shelter. I run further up the hill, to a clearing, with a few trees that are growing Spanish moss. I hide there, and eat in the shade of the trees. I didn't feel good stealing, but hey. Survival.