What is that creature?

As Ryder and I walk through the long, itchy grass in silence, wind starts to pick up, and dark clouds start rolling in. A storm must be coming.

"We need shelter," Ryder quickly takes my hand and starts pulling in the direction of a forest. The trees were twisting in the air, and leaves started to fall off. "Storms get really bad here."

We begin to jog towards the trees, but about halfway there it starts pouring. Lightning strikes behind us, making us move a little faster.

Ryder and I reached the trees. There was a hollowed out one, and we squeezed in.

I nestled my head on his shoulder to keep warm, and he sharpened a knife he was carrying.

Growl..."what is that Ryder?"

He was tense, "Follow me," he whispered.

I took his hand, and he placed me on the oak. He began to climb, and I followed. We reached one of the tallest branches. They have limited sent, but great ears, and eyesight..." He whispered.

I copied him and asked quietly, "What does?"

He didn't reply. Again he just motioned silence and kept on his stomach on the branch.

Below, a red creature appeared, about double the size of me. It had wings, a tail, and tiny, green eyes... A dragon!

I almost screamed, but then remembered to stay quiet. The monster looked up the tree.

My heart raced... Where am I?