4. Confusion

Lunch

*Kaitlyn's POV*

"Yeah, I mean who gives a huge project like that out on the first day back? Like seriously," Chris complained, again. That's all she's talked about since we sat down.

"Calm down! At least all three of us our together," I decided I might as well try and calm her nerves the best I could.

"Wait a minute, he put you three together? In a group? For a school project?" Harry asked, looking shocked.

"Yeah. Isn't it awesome!"

"Wow, looks like a certain teacher is going to be handing out some F's..."

"Hey! We're smart and very hard workers!"

"I know. Bu you've never worked on a project together. You'll probably get distracted and end up doing your nails and talking about boys," he reasoned using his best girl voice at the end.

"Haha, very funny Styles."

"Yeah, I thought so," he smirked.

"Well it's not like it's just us three. There's two other girls in our group, too."

"Really, who?"

"Carol and the new girl, uh I think her name was Carley," Alyssa chimed in finally joining the conversation instead of just staring at Liam.

I could of sworn I saw Louis give a slight smile when she said Carol. I wonder what that's about. As far as I know, they've never even talked to each other...

*Louis' POV*

I can't believe Carol's in their group. Maybe this will finally give me an excuse to talk to her. But she probably won't even look at me, let alone talk to me. I mean, why would she? She's just so, so, so perfect and well, I'm just me. But a guy can dream, right?

"Louis? Louis?"

"What?" I asked after finally managing to get get her out of my head for a few seconds. Which rarely happened, she's all I can think about. Every day, every hour, every minute, every second, she's the only thing on my mind. Her smile, her laugh, her hair, her eyes, just her. It's all about her. One day, I will make her mine and nothing is going to stop me.

"Are you alright? You seem kind of out of it today," a worried Harry asked me.

"No I'm fine. Just not really back into the whole school mode I guess," I said, calming his worries. I hadn't exactly told him, or anyone for that matter, about Carol yet. I wanted to, but I just couldn't pull myself to do it. I know they're my best friends and Harry's practically my brother, but he would probably just go ask her out for me. Which wouldn't be a bad thing, unless she rejected me...