Chapter 7: Hope as an anchor

Hello....so um I haven't updated this story since I started school this semester....well now that, the semester is over I won't be having as much free time because of work but I'm gonna try my best.
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Time skip to near Christmas)

(Hope's POV)

Ever since I was little when my mum was still alive she would tell me this bible verse "We have this hope as an achor for the soul. A hope both sure&steadfast" -Hebrews 6:19. She told me that's where she got my name from was that bible verse. And I used to think it was the coolest thing in the world.

Mum always believed in Jesus, she said that God so loved the world that he gave his only son Jesus to die for us on the cross. That's when I accepted Jesus into my heart, and I know mum is up there in heaven. But as soon as mum passed away, that's when the abuse would start. My dad would hurt me, saying Jesus never loved me, that I should've been the one dead, not my mum.

And for awhile I believed what he said. I didn't understand that what happened wasn't in anyway my fault. And that Jesus wasn't mad at me and that he DID love me. It took me a long time to believe that but something in my heart was stirred and I think it was also the help of my new family that helped me realize the truth again.

I haven't felt this kind of love in a long time and it felt good. I got dressed into some comfy clothes and went downstairs.

"Good morning darlin" Liam says kissing the side of my head

"Good morning Lili" I say giggling

"Want some breakfast?" He asks

I eagerly nod my head as he starts making me an omelette. "So when you're finished breakfast, we're gonna do some school okay?" Liam said. I smile and nod, watching him as he made breakfast.

"And then after you're done with school, we're going to take you some place very special. But it's a surprise okay?" He asks. "Okay Liam" I giggle.

After breakfast, Liam and I worked on maths, spelling, and writing.

"Okay Hope, what does 4x6 equal?" Liam says

"Ummm....24?" I ask unsure

"Correct!" Liam exclaims, giving me a kiss on the head. "You're getting better and better at maths babes" he says smiling.

I giggle and nod as we continue.

-time skip-

After we finished with school, we had lunch and then Liam told me to get ready for the surprise that they were taking me too. Whatever that is. I go to run upstairs when I bumped into daddy.

"Hey there princess, in a hurry to go somewhere?" he asks, chuckling.

"Lili said to go get ready for the surprise that you guys are taking me too" I say

He nods understanding, kissing my forehead, shooing me along.

It's become easier and easier for me to talk to the boys. I'm not as scared as I was.

I throw on a cute sweater and yoga pants, pulling on my converses. It was chilly outside but no too incredibly chilly. Then I go back downstairs and wait for the rest of them.

After everyone was ready, we all went out to the car. Every time I would ask where we were going, all the told me was that it was a surprise or I'll find out soon.

After what felt like FOREVER, we finally arrived at our destination. Daddy said to close my eyes as he led me over to the "spot". I did as I was told and took a hold of his hand as he led me to the spot. "Okay Hope, you can open your eyes now" daddy says.

I opened my eyes to the prettiest sight I have ever seen. Christmas lights were hung on every tree in the park, each a different colour from the rest. And what made it even more beautiful was the fact that it started snowing, snowflakes falling gently on the trees and my hair. I closed my eyes and spread my arms out, taking it all in. It was perfect. I turn around to see daddy smiling at me. I run over to him and give him a huge hug.

"Thank you...." I whisper

"I knew you would love it" he says kissing my head.

It really was perfect.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys...I'm sorry if this sucks. I sort of rushed the ending because I have to be up early tomorrow for work. So good night, I love you all

Hannah x