November 20th, 2005

"Now what's all this mess for," came an amused voice from Donna's doorway. "I thought you were going out, not doing laundry."

"Sorry," Donna said, smiling sheepishly as her mother surveyed the bed. It was a mess, as Donna had emptied her drawers looking for a specific pair of jeans she owned. She began to pick the clothes from there, putting them back now that she'd found what she was looking for. A quick glance at the clock showed that there was ten minutes to go before five, which was the time that Lisa said she and her mother would come pick her up at.

Mrs. Keppel walked all the way into the room, closing the door behind her to preserve her daughters modesty.

"So, any idea on what movie you're going to see?" Mrs. Keppel asked. Donna thought for a moment as she tugged the jeans on.

"Honestly, I don't know," she said. "I'm just kind of glad to have been invited." Her voice quieted down as she thought about the last few weeks, and the fact that she had been withdrawing from her friends, and act that she hadn't really noticed it. Most than that, she hadn't trusted them - still didn't, though they didn't know that. Lisa only knew what was going on because of the fact that she had thought that there was something wrong.

Lisa had seemed to forgive her for the fact that Donna had decided to suffer in silence and not tell her what was going on. And it was Lisa who had invited her out to see a movie with her. Claire, however, would probably take a few more weeks before she got over the hurt she felt for Donna not telling her anything.

"Donna, honey, don't think about it, okay," Mrs. Keppel said, seeming to know a bit of where her daughters mind slipped. Donna nodded her head.

"Okay," she said, turning away to grab the shirt she wanted to wear and heading into the bathroom. She heard her mother leave the room, and let out a quiet sigh of relief, for, despite what she had just agreed too, she couldn't help but do the exact opposite of what her mother said, and think about it. She had the feeling that it didn't help that she thought she saw Fenton in several places when she was out shopping. Which shouldn't have been possible - her parents had made sure of that with the restraining order against him.

And there was a small part of her mind that, subconsciously, remember the look in his eyes the last time she saw him - the very day, in fact, that she'd received news about restraining order. That look of possessiveness that had scared her. It now served to make her wary, and it left her with a foreboding feeling that something horrible would happen.

"Donna, Lisa's here," her father called from down stairs, startling her out of her thoughts. She quickly left the bathroom, gabbing her boots and throwing them on before heading down the stairs, smiling as Lisa turned towards her.

"Hey," she said.

"Hey, I'll be right out," Donna said, heading towards the closet to grab her coat.

"Okay," Lisa said, saying by to Donna's parents before walking out of the house. Donna, her coat now on, headed towards the door herself, grabbing her house keys. She stopped before she was to walk out, turning and looking at her parents.

"Remember, you're to come home tonight. No sleepover," Mr. Keppel said.

"I know," Donna said.

"All right," Mrs. Keppel said, leaning forward to give Donna a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Now, listen to Lisa's mother, and, should you have a say in what movie, make sure it's one that won't make you get home after ten."

"Okay," Donna said. As her mother let her go, the foreboding feeling she'd been having intensified, making her feel as if she was making a mistake in leaving, but she shook it off.

"Well, I'll see you when I get home," she said, after a lengthy pause. "Love you."

"Love you too, sweetie," Mrs. Keppel said.

"See you when you get home," Mr. Keppel added. They walked out with her, watching as Donna walked to the Hines's car and get in. Donna looked towards them after getting settled into the backseat of the car, waving towards them as Mrs. Hines drove away. As they turned the corner, she barely saw her parents walk back into the house.

That the was the last time she would see them alive...