Chapter One

As The Legend Goes...

Long ago, the Shadowsphere and the Sunrealm lived in harmony. The rulers of each kingdom stayed out of each other's way. They both watched for the mere mortal trespassers. Their laws were different in each world, but there was one they always shared. No mortals were allowed in the magic world that was their own. But one side broke that rule.

The Shadowsphere's king fell in love with a mundane hiker backpacking through the Sunrealm. In fear of her punishment, he hid her in his castle as a chambermaid for almost a year until the Queen found out and sent word to the king of the Sunrealm. The king was going to declare war on the Shadowsphere unless the girl was turned over to the Sunrealm to meet her fate, for the Shadowsphere's king was ruled unfit to do it himself.

To this, the king refused. He said he had found his true love. The Queen was furious and left the Shadowsphere for the king of the Sunrealm. The two realms fought over a span of eight years. In that last year, the mistress had a baby. The king of the Shadowsphere knew he could not raise the child in a war, so he called for a truce.

The Sunrealm's king pondered over this and  came to a decision. As punishment to the girl and cause to the war, the king would be put to death and the child sent to the Outcast, the mortal town that was built in between the two realms while the war was fought. It was where all banished criminals went.

The mistress was allowed to rule over the Shadowsphere. She went into a depression over the loss of her family and was named the Dark Queen, for her heart turned black. With the king dead and her child banished, she was forced to accept rules of the kingdoms.

And  that is where our story begins, with the child of the two kingdoms.