Ch 2 - Awkward

I could hardly sleep I was so excited for our road trip. At 6:28 I just decided to give in and get up. I picked out the clothes I wanted to wear that day and strolled into my bathroom. I was hesitant to turn on the shower because I didn't want to disturb anyone's sleep or the peaceful atmosphere that filled the quiet house. I began twisting the handle slowly, but I was interrupted by my my phone ringing. "Hello?" I whispered. "I'm so sorry I woke you up Hun!" A warm voice replied. 'Oh Sam! No you didn't wake me, I was just being quiet. I don't wanna wake anyone up" I mentioned. Sam explained "Oh ok! I just can't sleep I'm too excited for-" "the road trip" I completed. "Want me to come over?" He asked. "Yeah, sure!" I answered. "Alright I'll be there in 10!"

After I put the phone down I got into the shower. I took a relaxing shower and I even had time to exfoliate!

I shut the shower off and released a huge burst of cold air into the shower as I opened the door. I stepped out onto my pyjamas with my right foot and reached for my towel with my left hand. As I grabbed my towel I began slipping. I skated out through my bathroom door to my bedroom just as Sam entered. I skidded until I ended up underneath my desk. I covered my wet naked body up with the folded towel frantically.

Sam's eyes glanced around, avoiding the back left corner of my room where I sat, barely covered. Sam went to my closet and found my little cover up that I wear when I do my hair and makeup before I get dressed. He tossed it to me without looking.

I heard my parents talking, Sam put his hand on the door handle preparing to leave so I could have some privacy. I put my hand out, "No Sam no no no" I said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. He let go of the handle and looked at me in confusion. "If you go out there they will think you spent the night. And that'll mean goodbye road trip. They wouldn't be able to trust us to do anything together." I explained. "Oh! Good point! What am I supposed to do now though? If we go out together it'll look like I spent the night too what are we goin-." He was interrupted by my mom knocking at my door.

"Daisy! Are you okay? We heard a bang!" My mom said with a concerned tone. "Yeah mom I'm fine! I'll be out In a few minutes!" I explained. "Alright, but what happened?" My mom questioned. "I just hit my foot against my desk, I'm fine!" I reassured her. "Okay Daisy! Go back to sleep its too early!" She ordered. We listened to her footsteps fade away and repeat our conversation to my dad.

We looked at each other with relief. I stood up and shuffled into my closet picking up my clothes that were gently laid out on my bed. A couple of minutes later I was dressed and I re- entered my room. Sam had cleaned up any mess that I had created. I sat at my desk and did my hair and makeup. It was an uncomfortable, awkward atmosphere. Everything had happened so fast that there really was no time for embarrassment, but boy, now there was.