Chapter 5

I held her limp body in my arms, pulling her body closer to my chest. I watched as her chest slowly rose as she took a breath. Relief washed over me and I let out a sigh. I had been sat in fear terrified that I may have killed yet another person, and possibly the only person willing to save me. I watched as her eyes slowly flickered open and she tried to sit up. “Least you didn’t kill me.” She let out a quiet laugh as she slowly pushed herself up so she was sitting. “How can you find this funny? I nearly killed you!” I raised my voice disgusted with myself. “Its fine, this has happened before. This was your first time and it doesn’t matter if you nearly killed me the point is you didn’t, have you ever stopped yourself before?” Kayliegh asks as she inspects the open wound left on her arm. “Well no.” I mumble knowing she was right the main point was I didn’t kill her.

“You sure you’re okay?” I asked as Kayliegh wrapped up her arm. She nodded as she concentrated on covering the wound properly. I sat there just watching. I finally was able to relax as the hunger was gone. The scent of her was still over powering but I wasn’t hungry so I didn’t have a strong urge to feed from her. “These next few hours and well days are going to be so hard for you so you better be prepared.” She smiled up at me acting like she had just given me good news and not told me I’m going to struggle. “I don’t think things can get any harder than they already have been.” I sighed sitting down next to her and trying to relax for the first time in a long time. “Oh it will be, you’ll feel an uncontrollable hunger again in a few days and because you controlled yourself you will basically want to eat everyone, because you will be drinking human blood on a regular basis your body will have much more power than you are already used too.” Kayleigh explained making all he hope I had disappear. “You’ll be fine, you just have to run, a lot.” Kayliegh smiled trying to make everything sound so simple.

“You ready?” She smiled I nodded taking a breath before stepping out the house. “You will be fine I promise.” She smiled as she pushed me along the road. The scent of blood filled my nostrils as people past in cars, bikes or just simply walking. It was taking everything I had to force my fangs not to come through. “You’re doing well.” Kayleigh smiled as she squeezed my arm. I looked at everyone that had past me, some of the people I hadn’t saw in a year. “I can’t go down there.” I said turning back around and walking back the way we came. “Why not?” Kayleigh asked as she looked down the street not seeing anything part from a club. “I killed a girl, just in that alley way. I can’t go down please can we just go back?” I asked, Kayliegh pulled me back by my arm and shook her head. She had a tight grip on my arm. I put all the force I had into moving away but being the idiot that I was Kayleigh went flying with me. Within seconds we were stood outside her door. She had cuts all over her from where she had been scrapped across the ground as I ran. “Shit.” I mumbled as Kayleigh winced as she got herself back onto her feet. “Well that’s never happened before.” Kayliegh said as she looked at the cuts and scratches she now had on her arm, some bleeding. “Kayleigh.” I groaned as I felt the life wash out of me. I could feel the pain in my gums, I knew I couldn’t fight it off my fangs were coming through. I looked at Kayleigh then the blood that was slowly running down her arm. My eyes met hers and the fear she had the first time I saw her was now present again. She was scared, scared of dying. I knew I had to go; I couldn’t kill the one person who was willing to help me. I needed the help but I wasn’t going to kill someone again. The easiest way out was to do what I was already doing. I looked at Kayleigh one last time and mouthed thank you before getting out of there.

I felt like I had been walking for a day but in reality it had only been 2 hours. I sat down on a fence surrounding a field filled with sheep. I was out of Town, only just. A farm was a good place to hide out. If I saw someone the animals would distract me from killing them, well so I hoped. I sat there just staring at the sky. Watching each cloud go by, watching the colour of the sky changed every few hours. I just sat there looking. I watched as the world kept on moving and I stayed the same. Everything about me had been the same for a long time. Everything I had was gone. I was clinging onto the life I once had hoping I’d somehow turn normal. I stood up as I saw a car in the distance. I wanted to run but I knew if I ran someone might think it’s suspicious and the one thing I really didn’t need is to be caught by the police. The car slowed down and I felt the fear wash through my body, then I saw her. “For god sake Kayleigh!” I shouted as she got out of the car. “You need help Nathan!” She shouted back, I couldn’t be bothered arguing with her as she was right. I did need help, I just didn’t want help. “You’re an idiot you know. Running away from your problems won’t make them go away. If you don’t do something you will forever be a killer!” She screamed at me anger taking over her. “Is that what you want Nathan?! Do you want to go around killing people?” She snapped at me in a quieter tone than before. “You know its not…” I muttered looking at the ground. “I just don’t want to kill you, I kill you I have no one.” I added not wanting to look at her. “Nathan you won’t kill me! I told you to trust me!” She said in a soothing tone. “It’s not that I don’t trust you, I don’t trust myself!” I sighed as I looked up at her. She smiled at me before walking towards the car. “Come on.” She smiled at me; I slowly made my way over. I just hoped that I could control myself. I knew living with a human was going to be one hell of a challenge.

Massive sorry at how shit this chapter is! I have major writers block but I wanted to update for you guys! Feedback would be very helpful right now! Please leave a comment and please vote! Just over 30 votes to go till 100! Thank you so much to everyone who is reading and voting it all means a lot :) Also sorry for this chapter! I will try make the next chapter longer and so much better as this is so short! x