Finale

Finale

This morning when Louis wakes, he isn’t greeted by a full bed that is shared with a warm, but un-breathing body. 

This morning, he is greeted by Liam staring at him.

“Not staring,” Liam defends himself, puffing up quite adorably. “Gazing. You look so much younger when you sleep.”

Louis turns over with an overly dramatic groan. “Please don’t mention how ancient I am now.  This is stressful enough with you looking like you just graduated from high school!  God, does this make me a pedophile?”

Liam rolls his eyes at Louis’ dramatics and pops over to the other side of the bed to gaze at his beloved Louis for some more.  “No, this—whatever this is—makes you mine.”

He blushes like a schoolgirl before he leans in to kiss the tip of Louis’ nose. The angel doesn’t stop there as he continues to shower Louis’ entire face with gentle and chaste kisses that contain all the words he doesn’t know quite to say.  Actions speak louder than words and kisses speak double whatever they mean by that.  He likes feeling the morning stubble underneath his lips.  Try as he might, Liam himself can’t grow any sort of facial hair other than his bushy eyebrows.  He giggles at the thought and finally kisses Louis’ lips.

The kiss isn’t hungry like it was last night; the years of yearning and pining are long gone from both their bodies.  It’s the opposite of lust and wanting, is what it is.  Liam giggles again at the thoughts and emotions whooshing in his head and chooses roll over so that he can straddle Louis.  Louis’ lips part in an honest smile and Liam takes is as an invitation to deepen their kiss a tiny degree.  Strong, skilled hands grip his shortish hair lightly.  Liam loves that he can actually feel Louis’ familiar fingers on his body. Having a physical body is still startling and weird but he loves it. He loves Louis’ fingers gently massaging his scalp and he loves that Louis is teasing his tongue and letting their tongues brush but not turn it into a full-on snog yet. He whines and pushes his lips harder against Louis’, also rubbing his bare bum against Louis’ bare privates.  Its effect is immediate as Louis lowers his guard long enough for Liam to tag Louis’ tongue head-on.  Louis makes an affronted noise but complies to Liam’s wishes.  He cradles Liam’s head in his hands and flips them over. Liam isn’t quite skinny; the opposite actually.

Louis could kiss Liam forever and not need anything else.

Until Louis’s stomach decides that it’s time for breakfast.  A late breakfast or an early brunch.

Liam giggles, blush colouring his cheeks. “I’ll make you breakfast.”

“Hmm, but you’re comfy,” Louis protests, snuggling in to prove his point.

“’M not making you a breakfast in bed, you spoilt brat,” Liam says affectionately.

“Can’t you use your angel thing to make some?”

“Doesn’t taste as good as the real deal that’s been cooked.”

Louis snuggles, burrowing his face into Liam’s chest.  It’s strange to hear a steady heartbeat underneath the layers of skin and muscles.  The rhythmic lub-dub, which is more of a l’-dub due to the smaller size of the atrium.  He should have expected it, he supposes, since angels are living creatures too. The young doctor can feel sleep lulling over him again despite the growling in his stomach.

“Don’t fall asleep on me!” Liam smacks Louis’ chest lightly. “I’ll zap you!” which is an empty threat.  He still hasn’t got around to asking Niall about that.

“You’re so comfy,” Louis repeats himself.

Grunting about how lazy Louis has gotten, Liam flips Louis over so he can leave the bed.  He doesn’t exit the room before dropping a kiss on Louis’ lips.

The kitchen is unfamiliar and looks unused; nonetheless, Liam gets to work.

Twenty minutes later, when Liam is just about done, Louis stumbles into the kitchen space wearing nothing but a pair of boxer briefs.  He rubs at his eyes sleepily, sniffing the air appreciatively.

“Are you fully awake yet?” Liam teases.

“Nah.  Must be still dreaming.  ‘Ve an angel in m’ kitchen,” Louis says, voice still thick with sleep.

Liam hasn’t felt his wings unfurling but they must have.  He turns off the stove and glances behind him. indeed, they are displayed in their full glory.  He shifts them awkwardly.  There isn’t a lot of records of angel-human relationship so everything he is doing is new to the angel population.  Niall had told him not to fret it and just go with his heart but Liam has no idea what that means.  Not really.

“Don’t try to fold them or magically make ‘em disappear.  They’re . . . . magnificent,” Louis comments, sounding awed.  He goes over to one of the cupboards over the sink and takes out a box of Yorkshire tea.  He then plugs in the electric kettle that boils water in half a minute and waits for it to heat up.  Meanwhile, Liam searches for appropriate plates.

Liam is peering into a cupboard full of bowls and glasses when a pair of warm hands grab his hips in a loving way. He can feel Louis’ torso lined up to his back and he leans back, tilting his head sideways to open up any invitations. Louis opts to kiss the side of his neck and then whispers, “Plates are in the drawer on your right.”  He then walks away with his cuppa.

Louis sits down on the island stool and sips his tea, waiting for Liam to bring over his breakfast.  He notes that Liam is brining only one serving, to use the word loosely.  While there is only enough cutlery for one person—himself—the food presented to him is enough to feed three.

“Aren’t ya going to eat?” Louis asks, taking the first bite.  Oh, wow.  Eleanor has cooked for him a lot over the years and so have his sisters when they visit but Liam’s cooking is loads better.  Not as good as his mother’s but not by a lot.

“I don’t eat food, not the human kind,” Liam replies, shrugging.  His eyes do the sparkling thing again and Louis stares into them hopelessly.

Liam blinks, breaking whatever spell Liam’s Bambi eyes had been working.

“You,” Louis states, scooting closer to Liam. “are a menace to society.”

“How can I be when I’m an angel and invisible to most?” Liam counters, raising a brow.

“A menace to my health, then,” Louis amends.

“You love me,” Liam counters, feeding a bite of French toast to the human.

Louis mumbles around the toast, “Ya lummy dat ah due.”

“I am lucky to have you.”

With that, Liam pulls Louis into his lap. “Really lucky.”

The End

~

Aghh that was a shit ending.  Soz. Nothing hanky panky for the ending, sorrynotsorry

Erm, sorry haha being reading one too many one shots on AO3. And I just watched a video on British slangs by beautycrush and the rest is history.

This is the end. 

P.S. anyone else singing ‘And we danced all night to the best song ever. We’ll go everywhere together’ over and over and over and over again? I’m weird, it seems.  Weirdos for life!

Love you loads <3