Prologue

Hello readers. This is only a prologue of how our dear reader's life changed so much when she  encountered what made her who she is today. Im only a beginner in writing, so whoever is reading this, please give me advices on writing? It wouldn't hurt to comment down below, so please do xD well, hope you'll like this.

--------------------------------------------------–----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been 6 months since then.

When you met your best friend.

*BOOOOM*

"WHAAGH!?" You woke up screaming, your upper body jolting up as explosions reached your ears. After staying still with a long pause, you finally calmed down with a sigh. 

"Seriously. First thing in the morning? What the fuck..." You cursed. You weren't exactly a morning person, and living in a deserted heritage doesn't help either. Z-ville was deserted because of the frequent appearance of monsters, not really an ideal place to live. But because of the silent demeanor of this city, you quite like it. It helped you find clarity. Just sometimes, though. And this morning doesn't plan to give you some peace and quiet.

After a minute or so, you assumed that the ruckus has been taken care of. You sighed once more, feeling very tired. "I guess being an independent college student sucks. I wish I didn't move out." You stated, your brows furrowed and your lips on a frown. You covered half of your face. You didn't have any choice. Because of some emotional trauma during your high school days, you started to depend on your family, for you have isolated yourself because of some issues. Left behind by trusted friends, losing someone's feelings, almost everything related to losing things. It indeed took a toll on you, all that anxiety and self-loathing. You managed to get back on your feet when you reached college, but emotionally, it really did hit you hard. 

So now, you wanted to change yourself. Atleast, learn to be independent. Physically, you can take care of yourself, but feeling alone always made your mind slip once in a while. Mainly because of the memories of  being surrounded by friends. All those fun, and happy times. You suffered, because you couldn't let go of those memories of not being alone.

'I don't care about them anymore..... I just want myself back, I think.'

You were snapped out of your negative thoughts when your phone ringed beside you. You answered.

"Hey, (Name)? Are you there? Please say something! I, I heard some monster appeared in Z-ville, and Im really worried now! Hey? Hello?!"

You chuckled a little, amused by your mother's panicky voice. "Mom, it's okay, Im okay. It seems like someone already took care of it." You answered with that fake, happy tone of yours. You didn't need to worry your mother. This was your battle to fight. Besides, she was already supportive in her own way.

You heard an exasperated sigh on the other line. "I knew you should've not moved there! It's way too dangerous, I don't care if its all quiet and stuff, there is still some kinda trouble there!" She nagged while you sat in your bed, not minding it one bit, until she said something that broke your heart. 

"Just come home already, will you? I don't know why you suddenly wanted to move out, but ... There's just too many risk there! Please?" Your mother practically begged you, her loud voice fading into a quivering tone, as if she was on the verge of crying. As much as you felt guilty, you couldn't help but think.