Chapter 20: Destiny?

Jenny bit her thumb nail nervously as she paced in front of Constance. The black iron gates seemed more intimidating than usual as she imagined the type of damage Chuck Bass may have inflicted. What if he started a wild rumor that she had STDs? Or filled her locker with a million cockroaches? Or told all of her teachers that she'd cheated on every final she took? The possibilities were endless, and knowing Chuck Bass, the possibilities could be a lot worse. 

"Um, you do realize the gates are open and if you keep standing out here you're gonna get detention, right?" Eric said questionably behind her.

Jenny looked frantically at her watch. "Eric, do you think it's too late for me to book a flight out of this country?"

He rolled his eyes with a playful smirk,"Listen Jenny, don't be so worried about Chuck Bass. You were brave enough to declare war, so now you have to be brave enough to withstand it. You're Jenny Humphrey, the girl who once ran away from home and the girl who had enough courage to start her own fashion line. You can take a little rich-boy scheming."

Jenny nodded unconvincingly, "You're right...I'll just roll with the punches and do it with my head held high!"

Eric chuckled shaking his head,"Not too high--we don't want your neck to go right into Chuck's noose."

Jenny involuntarily shivered as she separated from Eric and walked begrudgingly to her locker. She carefully pressed her ear against it, listening for the sound of rustling insects waiting to jump out and infest her whole face.

"Now, what can you possibly be hiding in there?" An amused voice said from behind her.

Jenny jerked with surprise before turning embarrassingly around. Her eyes widened as she gaped at the boy standing in front of her. He had perfectly styled chestnut brown hair and wide hazel eyes. He looked at least 6 feet tall and had the broadest, sexiest shoulders a girl could dream of. But best of all, he was dressed to kill. His crisp tie and tactfully unbuttoned dress shirt enhanced his flawless features, and his gleaming silver Rolex watch looked like a million bucks. 

"I...was just...um...just resting my head. For a few minutes." Jenny murmured nervously.

He chuckled, revealing gleaming white teeth and the cutest dimples that could ever exist in a boy.

"My name's Tom. Tom Bradford. I'm new to Constance and I have no idea where to go. Care to lend a helping hand?" He smiled warmly.

Jenny tentatively nodded her head,"I'd love too."

She gulped nervously before giving him a small smile and hooking her arm around his. 

"So, where you off to?" She asked while beaming at the students around her. The girls stared at her with envy and whispered softly to each other. 

Tom gave her his schedule and Jenny gasped, "No way! We have like the exact same schedule!"

Tom chuckled warmly, "I'd call something like this destiny."

Jenny couldn't help walking with a little more spring to her step. She wanted to scream with excitement and kiss Tom until her lipstick was plastered over his gorgeous face. The stars were finally aligning in her favor.

Being a queen is a lot harder than it looks, but ruling with an iron fist is a lot easier with a king by your side. Little J--or should I say Queen J?--was spotted with a hunk on her arm, soon to be wrapped around her finger. 

More juice to come,

XOXO Gossip Girl.

Chuck's eyebrow creased as he read the Gossip Girl blast with a look of hatred. Jenny Humphrey was lucky--for now.