Chapter 9

1 week later

Honey there's someone here to see you" mum informs me snapping me out of my thoughts. Who would be here to see me?                                                                                                                                                 

"Who is it?" I ask.                                                                                                                                 

 "It's a surprise" she says happily before walking off. Maybe it's my cousin. Mum has been acting suspicious all week and when my cousin Amber rang last week she said she would be visiting soon, like maybe in July but it was only March. I decided it had to be her because she was acting funny on the phone too. Like she was planning something big. I walk down the stairs to see who was here. I open the door and standing there right in front of me is...                                                                                             "Ahhhhhh!!", we are both screaming in delight.                                                                                                           "Emma!"I squeal as I hug her.

"Sophie!"she squeals back.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well my parents just brought a house", she bounces on her toes excitedly.

"You mean your coming back here to live?!" I ask excitedly.

"Yep",she replies with a big grin.

"come in", I say standing aside.

"So why did they move back here?" I'm eager to know.

"Well firstly they got sick of the city life, they missed this place. And ads work placement was only temporary and we were all ready to come back after what happened", she refers to the Clara situation. It's then I decide I wont tell her just yet about Clara and I being friends again, just in case it upsets her. And then our conversation is interrupted by the doorbell. I go back and open the door. There standing on the porch is none other than Clara.

"Come in", I smile standing aside.

"Emma?!" Clara's surprised to see Emma when she enters.

Emma freezes and looks worried because Clara and Emma never patched things up before Emma left. And she probably wonders why she's here since she doesn't know Clara and I made up. Then mum decides to show up, and when she see's Clara, steps out in front of us to tell her to leave. I stop her though. I needed to tell them.

"It's ok" I say and Emma and my mum look at me astonished I could say that.

"Mum I've been meaning to tell you and I don't know how to, but Clara and I have decided to put the past behind us and be friends again" I say.

"No way!" Emma says.

"I'm not here to cause trouble" Clara confirms what I say.

"Good keep it that way" my mum says sternly. She clearly doesn't trust Clara and I don't blame her. When she leaves things become awkward. I look to Clara to Emma.

"So?" I'm the first to speak.

"Look Emma...I'm sorry", Clara speaks up.

"Sorry? You hurt Sophie and I", she says with anger.

"I know, but I really have changed", She pleads.

"How do I know that?".

"You don't, you just have to let me prove it to you, to both of you.I know I haven't been the nicest fried in the past, but I just want things to go back to how they were, to have my friends back". Emma considers this.

"Fine, but if you hurt me again, that's it", Emma says sternly.

"I promise I wont", Clara sincerely promises. And I can tell she is telling the truth, she means it. 

--------------------------------------------

As the weeks and months pass by, Clara continues to keep her promise. And even though she kept her promise, Emma doesn't hang out with us anymore. We are still friends, she just found a new group of friends. And it wasn't because she continued to dislike Clara, she just made new friends and starting hanging out with them more I guess. But Clara and I didn't mind. We were glad to just be friends again. Of course though our friendship wasn't ever like it used to be. But that's a good thing, because that means we've grown and changed. And I'm sure glad our friendship isn't how it used to be because I didn't truly like or get along with the old Clara. Only time could tell that and I'm glad I realized that. The cracks appeared very quickly in our friendship. But now we've changed, they are gone. And I'm glad.