My Second Summer With Nick

Heyy Everyone, I wrote this last summer, its not finished, I wrote 7 chapters before putting it on hold. So let me know what you think, any errors.. etc.. Message or comment. Feel free to give me your honest opinion (negative or positive). Thanks everyone !! :)

I strolled out to the main deck of the boat that I am currently on. I am in Quebec City for my job, I work in New York as a journalist. There also is another reason for me to be here I'm visiting my boyfriend, Nick Kirkland. He works in the Navy and he is from Canada but last May, Nick was stationed to New York and that is where he met me.

We had a summer romance but in September he was stationed to Quebec City and has been there since. I haven't seen him since he left, I’ve talked to him on the phone and through email just not in person. I’m nervous of course who wouldn't be.

"Ma’am, we will dock soon, probably in-20 minutes,” a crew man said and rushed away.

"Thanks!” I called after him, I felt even more nervous now. Nick was a really nice guy and he'd probably kiss me or hug me. But I didn't know why I was so nervous to be honest, last night through the phone my mom told me to put on a brave smile, after all I only had all summer to be with him. I rushed to my room on the small boat. And of course I didn't know what to wear!

Knowing my luck I was torn on what to wear, I wanted to wear a light blue, satin t-shirt because that was Nick's favourite shirt on me but I also loved this red wrap and a white tank top to go with it! This always happened to me, I’m obsessed with clothes and shoes. I like the red wrap and the tank top look so I'm wearing that for sure. So I look great just for Nick now I'm even more nervous. I pack up all my clothes into my suitcases and grab my white purse.

I for sure need to fix my make-up, I place my eye shadow, mascara, eye liner into my bag and put on lip gloss. I throw my Iphone into my purse but first I should check my email. And of course my mother sent me fifteen emails saying "I miss you, you better be okay. Watch out for the traffic!".My best friends Heather and Jacklyn also sent me emails reminding me to send them pictures. I love my friends and family but sometimes I wish they would shut up!

I also place my wallet into my purse and my brand new digital camera, it only cost me seven hundred dollars! I'd better make sure that’s safe because I don’t want to buy another one. This bedroom is very small and hot! It only has one small bed, a dresser and a porthole. I walk to the porthole and look out and I can see the Chateau Frottennec, I'm very close to seeing Nick! I can't stop thinking about what happened the last time I saw him, it seems like that was ages ago.

~

"Nick, I’ll miss you so much, tomorrow your gone and I'm all alone,” I said sadly.

"Julie, you make it sound like we'll never talk or see each other again. There’s emails, phone, web-chat and letters believe me you will hear me every day." Nick said and kissed my forehead.

"You don’t understand, I love seeing you in person, I love seeing you every morning right next to me knowing I'm safe and you won't leave my side. I can hold your hand, kiss you and tell you I love you all day long. When your gone it won't be the same and I know that, I’ll have to except it but I don’t want to!” I sobbed and held Nick tighter.

"Julie, I have to go and yes, you do have to except it, I make awesome money and I know I’m doing something right for my country!” Nick pushed on.

"So your saying I don't make enough money for us to be happy?” I said angrily. My whole life was falling apart and he didn't even care!

"No I'm not saying that, I’m saying that I like working in the navy! And I don’t want to have to depend on you! I hate that your working full-time and where am I? Sitting at home on my butt because you don’t want me working!” Nick said even more angry.