Cry baby

Carter Host
-
-

I was shaken by her surprise out burst. I would have never thought a girl who hides behind her hair would say such things.

But she's right, she doesn't hold my life in her hands.

I quickly walked out the room and back to the kitchen where lunch has already been served.

"Ah, son!" My father sounded, "where's Aubrey?" I looked behind me and saw she hadn't followed.

Stupid girl.

"Oh, she's resting. I'll fetch her for lunch." I turned on my heels in search of that girl.
-
-

I went back to the room and saw she had disappeared.
Dammit.

I harshly whispered her name as I walked up and down the halls.
This house hand two floors, 7 bedrooms, and 5 bathrooms, a living room, a TV room, and two offices.
I just pray that she hasn't gone on some adventure in the house.

As I made a sharp right turn I saw one of the cleaning boys had her pressed up against the wall.

I flatten out my suit, quickly calming down.
He ran his fingers through her hair, twirling his fingers in it, as she pressed herself further up against the wall. Trying to put distance between them.

"What the hell are you doing!" I bellowed. I suppressed my amusement in watching him jump with fright.

"Get the hell away from her, and go clean something." I pulled Aubrey into my side and watched him scurry off.

"Were the hell did you go!" I said looking down at her short frame.
She looked up at me with big eyes that held fresh tears.

Oh god.

I pushed her away before I walked back to the kitchen, "if I were you I would follow, unless you want me to leave you with that cleaning boy again. This time he might rape you." I slightly chuckle.

"Why would you say that!" As soon as I turned around she hurled her clutch at my head.

A ache automatically started.

"What the hell!" I yelled gripping onto my head.
She ran up to me a slammed her fists into my chest, which didn't cause any pain, thank God.

"You're sick! How dare you make a joke about rape, that's not funny!" she pounded her hands  on my chest as tears fell down her face.

I felt kind of bad, but not enough to make me say sorry, so I continued my walk to the kitchen.

-
-

"Oh okay, here they are." Andrew said.
Aubrey sat stiffly next to her father and didn't touch her food.

I, on the other hand, was starving and scarfed my plate down.

Every time I glanced up at Audrey I felt somewhat guilty.
I've never seen a girl cry, not even my mother even when my father hit her.

She would swear and break things, and leave and not come back for days. But, I guess last time was it for her because one day she left and never came back.

And seeing Aubrey sit here and act like I hadn't left her behind and made her cry and me want to vomit.

But I won't.
And I won't apologize either.
Her fault for being such a cry baby.