Chapter 5

*Felicity's POV*

It felt so great to see Adam again. I had not seen him since he had the accident which left him out of school for the past 5 months. He used to be my closest friend at school, he would be the one I would turn to when I was fed up of hanging out at the nerd table, or was just generally needing a lift up. He could make me laugh with in seconds.

"Yeah, they said I can come back with in the next month. I am so glad, my room has started to become like a prison." He said, still smiling at me.

"Yeah, that must suck. How is your leg now? I heard you were going to have it amputated?" I said looking downwards to see two human legs. After the car crash which had left Adam's leg getting trapped and broken, he went to live at his Dad's in Washington due to it being 'easier for everyone'...except me.

"Oh was that the rumour going round?" He laughed, that gorgeous laugh which I had honestly missed so much. "No, I only had like 16 plates put in. Trust me, if I ever go to the airport, it's gonna be seriously difficult getting through the metal detectors"

While I had been talking to Adam, I had completely forgot about Mackenzie. I turned slightly and out of the corner of my eye I could see her silently sitting there, fiddling with the piece of string coming off her blue jacket. Adam caught my eye line and looked over at Mackenzie.

"Hi I am Adam." He said giving her a small wave.

She nodded in response. "Mackenzie." Adam turned his eyes back to me, smiling widely.

"What?" I questioned, with a hint of paranoia.

"Oh nothing" He said, shrugging it off, then laughing again. "I better be going anyway."

I grimaced slightly at the thought of him leaving. He was my best friend who I hadn't seen for 5 months and I didn't want to not see him again. "Can't you stay for a little longer?" I basically pleaded with him now.

Adam smiled and pulled me into a huge bear hug which, I must say, lasted for a substantial amount of time. "Sorry Fliss, but my Mom is expecting me back. Hey, but she is letting me out to Joe Robinson's party on Saturday, you know he'd always be cool letting you in" Excitement grew on Adam's face. "And you can bring Mackenzie as well!"

"You know I'm not really the party type, Adam." I spoke. This was a very true fact, and obviously not surprising considering you could tell just be looking at me that I had forever and always been labelled a nerd.

"Well think about it, yeah?" He asked, I nodded and waved to him as he left for the door.

I returned to my seat, in the corner facing Mackenzie. She was looking down at her latte, her eyes focussed on nothing in particular, just the brown liquid in the mug. I studied her face for a few moments. "Hey sorry about that." I finally spoke.

Her head rose slightly, and she shook it in disagreement. "No problem, I thought you said you had no friends though, you know except those nerds you usually sit with."

She was partially right, I did say that and at this moment in time I didn't have any friends. Before Adam got hurt, it was always Joe Robinson, Liam Luther, Adam and I, they were like my brothers. Never in my life had I got along with girls, I didn't enjoy talking about Barrie dolls and princess' when I was 4, or who was the best looking out of Cole or Dylan Sprouse when I was 10, or if I was Team Jacob or Team Edward when I was 13. Except for my taste for musicals, there was nothing girly about my personality, apposed to my outside looks, anyway. All I wanted was to talk about marvel comics, and the new companion on Doctor Who, and how insane it was that Darth Vader was Luke's dad. The boys allowed me to express this, they were too nerds but not the annoying type like Simon, like generally cool nerds.