The Day I Tried

Amanda's POV

I was driving in my car, blasting my Eminem playlist, and rapping, when I reached my weird school. I looked forward to going though, because everyone is scared of me. It's amusing though. That kid I was fighting with yesterday, he didn't call. But I guess he was in the hospital... Whatever.

As I walked in the doors, the halls that were once loud enough that I could hear them outside, quieted down. "What?" I said with a glare. "Continue your conversations. Stop staring at me if you know what's good for you." I smirked and they all immediately started talking again.

That's when I saw him.

Alex went to my school and I didn't even notice. I walked over to him and smiled the sweetest smile I could muster. It must've worked because his friends all seemed to be stunned. I was pretty attractive if I do say so, and I've been told by how many desperate boys? Too many to count. I looked at his friends.

"Something wrong, boys?" I said gently.

"N-no. We were just on our way." Said a guy with brown hair and blue eyes.

"So soon? I don't even know your names." I smiled again and they all froze, for the second time.

*Internal eye roll*

"I'm Xavier." Said the brown headed boy, smiling. Does he know who I am? "And that's Jay, and Mason." He pointed to the two other boys.

Mason has blond hair, like Alex but has brown eyes. Alex has green eyes. Jay has jet black hair and blue eyes like Xavier. They were all pretty good looking.

"Nice to meet you, boys. I'm assuming you know who I am, but I'll formally introduce myself." I said breezily, "Amanda Thomas." I held out my hand, they shook it one by one. Alex just stood there smiling. Weirdo.

"Nice to meet you, Amanda. We'll see you around?" Asked Xavier. I nodded and they went on their merry way.

I turned to Alex, "How are you feeling?" Don't get any ideas. I'm allowed to have a heart, people.

"I'm better. The doctor said I have a few bruises, but nothing I can't handle." He smiled.

"Good. Glad to see you back on your feet. You look ugly when you're all beat up." I blushed. Stupid face. Stupid hormones. Stupid life. No I don't like him so stop assuming things.

"And I don't now?" He smirked.

"To be honest, you're not half bad. But I don't like how big your ego is." It was my turn to smirk.

"And I don't like how hard you hit. Let's call it even." He says elegantly.

"Not a chance, baby. By the way, I'm sitting with you and your little gang in the caf. You get no say in this. They're nice. But I'm not bonding. My mom says I need more friends. Or one." I glided past him with grace, leaving him staring. Mission accomplished. Get closer to know his weaknesses, is a go.

I'm so ready for this.

•--------•---------•---------•--------•--------•

Hey guys! How was is? Good, bad? It was short, so sorry. But I ran out of creative ideas. But it left a cliffhanger so I'm chill with it.
Super happy that blubell14 is nice enough to comment and review this story, so thanks blubell14!

~Bella Blackthorn