5. two guys

that very day when danny decided to give it a shot we were back at maurices house this time donnie and i both sat on the leather couch while danny auditioned and just as i expected, maurice loved him. the break dance moves danny showed him left mr.starr wordless.

it was easy to say danny wood was in.

maurice brought it to our attention that he found two more boys to fulfill the spots in the group. even said they happened to go to our school. which left us confused on who they could be. but when we all regrouped on friday we were gonna be able to finally meet everyone.

the boys decided not to tell their parents about everything just yet, incase something didn't work out the way they planned, which was reasonable.

»»

"do you think you know who the other two guys are?" i asked the boys as we sat in the wahlberg living room waiting for alma to announce that dinner was ready.
"no idea" mark broke in.

"you don't even go to our school dickweed." i said, rolling my eyes. the identity of the two new band members was eating me alive. i had to know.

"hey why didn't you join the group, sky?" mark asked, getting off the couch and slowly walking away.

"it's an all boys band"

"exactly!" he laughed and walked out the living room.

why didn't i see that coming? before i got the chance to spring after the little 13 year old, dannys arm snaked around my waist, making sure i wasn't going anywhere.

"i think i know who it is!" donnie barked, converting my attention back to the topic at hand."clyde o' riley and jonathan knight."
danny sat stiff on the sofa, probably thinking about the assumption donnie just threw at us.

"i'm assuming these people are sophomores or juniors because i have no idea who they are" i pipped in. this was were being a freshman sucked. i didn't know any of the older people my friends ever talked about.

"sure you do, you don't remember jonathan? the one that came downtown with us that one time. he's got a brother in your grade. shit what's his brothers name?" donnie concentrated, scrunching up his face while doing so.

both of the boys were stuck in their heads, trying to find the answers they needed while i sat in the middle of them hoping the backed chicken was almost done.
danny snapped repeatedly i'm assuming because the answer was finally coming to him. "jordan! jordan knight. that's his name!"

jordan knight and i were friends.. actually no. we were acquaintance. i've probably spoke less then 4 words to him since the first time i laid eyes on him in the second grade which is quite disappointing if you ask me. every year i made a vow to try and get to know this jordan knight character but i was never sure how to start a conversation with him, so it never happened.

"oh" i replied sustaining the vowel. "so this johnathan knight, can he sing?"
donnie and danny nodded in unison, silently answering my question.

well maybe we just figured out who the boys were.

"dinners ready, hurry up before it gets cold!" alma yelled from the kitchen. all conversations at hand stopped and no sooner then a minute later a stamped of hungry teenagers pushed through the tiny halls trying to be first in line ran. debbie being in the back with the exception of me donnie and danny trailing behind her and arthur in the front, leading the pack of wolves.

the dinner table was rowdy and messy, which made eating with these people even more enjoyable. they were basically the family i never had. since my mom spends so many hours working it's like i never see her and being with the wahlberg's kinda replaced the vacant spot in my heart.

everyday after school donnie, danny and myself stayed after in our little school gym, practicing. by that i mean dancing. we weren't necessary sure what we were practicing for but it felt right. of course our families started to take notice of our coming home at all kinds of late hours but they were soon okay with it when we told them, we signed up for a school play. a small lie that wouldn't do much damage. the only other person that knew what we were actually doing was mark and he vowed not to tell anyone. plus he was to busy being the badass of the town, a tittle that would soon get him in a lot of trouble in months to come..

»»

"hows that afterschool thing coming?" my mom asked me as she rested her tired limbs on the couch. it felt like forever since i've actually seen her not working. if anything this break is what she needed. she was the definition of overworked.
"its going good ma" i stared, stared at her faded facial features, her closed eyes, her long brown hair that just didn't have that glow of beauty like it use to. but still, she was perfect in everyday possible.
"can i help you with anything?" i hesitated.

"no thank you honey, i'm great." lie. but i decided to leave the conversation where it ended. not wanting to feel the emptiness of being without each other again, we both sat on the living room couch in a comfortable silence.