six :: ice cream

"Oh my god, Char," Sasha squeaked strolling through her phone. The two girls were having a sleepover at Lottie's crappy apartment. At the moment the were eating popcorn while scrolling their eyes were glued to their phones. "Since when do you know Luke Hemmings?"

"What?" Lottie asked confused. She looked and Sasha's phone and saw a picture of her and Luke hugging in the bar just two days ago. "Oh my god who took this?" She squealed.

"Paparazzi, duh."

"Shut up," Lottie rolled her eyes and throw a piece of popcorn at her.

"You didn't answer my question. Since when do you and Luke Hemmings know each other?" Sasha was not going to let this go.

"It's really complicated. I guess you can say we had a thing in the past."

"Wait, so you guys used to date?" Lottie nodded. "Holy shit! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it didn't seem important? Plus what went on between me and Luke is over," Lottie sighed.

"Those pictures say it's not over," She smirked.

"You don't understand, Sasha."

"Yeah, I do. It's obvious that he's still into you and your still into him. Why else would you be hugging in a bar, Char? Your hot. He's hot. You guys could have some really hot sex. Just saying."

"Yeah, it was really obvious when he fucked some random blonde chick while we were still dating."

"Shit, Charlotte. I didn't know," Sasha apologized, and she gave Lottie a hug.

"It's okay. Seriously. It happened like forever ago."

"How old were you?" Sasha asked with curiosity.

"I was seventeen when I first talked to him."

"Damn, you were young. Wait, how old was Luke?"

"Eighteen," Lottie replied.

"Wasn't he dating some chick that he met online? Lottie or something?"

"That's me," Lottie smiled.

"What?" Sasha was seriously confused.

"Lottie is short for Charlotte," Lottie laughed. It was weird how many people did not know that.

"So, is Luke any good?"

"I wouldn't know," Lottie said. Their relationship mostly consisted of them skyping until three am and them seeing each other for only a short amount of time. They never had the time to have sex.

"You seriously didn't fuck?"

"Seriously," Lottie said.

"I'm still confused. Why were you and Luke hugging?" Sasha confessed.

"I kinda gave him a piece of my mind and it ended with me crying and then he hugged me. For some reason I hugged him back. I don't know why I did. I just did. I wanted to push him away, but I couldn't. Smelled really good. Like how he used to. I guess I miss him. But he did such a shitty thing. But his eyes are just so blue. Like the ocean almost."

"Char?"

"Yeah," Lottie asked taking a breath.

"Shut up. And go get the ice cream." Lottie smiled at her. She couldn't ask for a better best friend.

Sometimes she thinks about Jace. She misses him like crazy. Last time she saw him was at his sisters funeral and she tried contacting him after that, but he never replied.

"We are out of ice cream," Lottie groaned.

"I'll go get some," Sasha said, grabbing her keys.

"I'm going with. There is no way your leaving me home alone."

--

"I'm going to grab some milk," Sasha said when we walked into the supermarket. She said she would meet my in the frozen section.

Lottie stood in front of the windowed doors. There was too many options to choose from. She could go for some cookie dough or maybe just simple chocolate. Sometimes the easiest decisions are the hardest for Lottie.

"Excuse me," I guy said, opening the door that was in front of her.

"You have to be fucking kidding me," Lottie groaned. "Are you following me or something?"

"You wish," Luke smirked.

"Oh, so your being an asshole again," She asked not having any patience him. How can he go from "I'm sorry. I'll do anything for you" to "I'm going to try and piss her off even more"?

"I'm done with your shit, Lottie."

"Oh, now I'm the problem?" Lottie yelled.

"Not everything is about you! I have feelings too. God, your such a bitch." Lottie slapped him.

"I hate you."

"I hate you too."

"Never talk to me again," Lottie hissed as she grabbed the chocolate ice cream and walked away. Leaving Luke just standing there.

Luke almost felt bad. Almost. He was just so tired of the way she had been treating him and he knew that he did not deserve that. Or at least that's what his bandmates told him. He had a whole plan to get her back, but the convinced him that it was stupid and she was never going to forgive him and that he should just move on.

When Luke got home they were confused on why he did not have any ice cream.

"Where the fuck is my chocolate ice cream?" Calum demanded.

"I get that your on your man period, but they were out," Luke groaned.

"I'm not on my man period," He whined.

"Sure," Ashton giggled.

"Luke, what took you so long then?" Michael asked, while he picked a Christmas movie on netflix.

"I ran into Lottie."

"Seriously, dude? I thought you were over her," Calum sighed.

"I am," Luke replied.

"Yeah, right," Ashton shook his head. "Dude she's fucking with your head."

"They were really out of chocolate ice cream?" Calum asked.

"Yup." Luckily he didn't know Lottie took the last one.

--

hi

k