Chapter 4 *Help?

The vampire (Lukas Winter)>>>>

Chapter 4 *Help?

I finally woke up again. My eyes crusted shut from crying in my sleep. After struggling, but finally getting it all off, I blinked. Blinking a few times I looked around, same place. My pillow and blanket lay in the corner. Yet, my gaze shifted to the bleeding boy in the cell next to mine. "Jaxston?"

He looks up and smiled. Forced. "Hey, you're up." I nod, and slowly crawl closer to the bars.

"Do you need help?" I ask, and he looks at me like I grew 40 heads.

"help?" He questions "you're the first person to offer help." He looked shocked but let me.

I took the gauze and tape into my hand. Pressing up close to the bars I wrap all of his bleeding wounds. Slow sparks spread from where ever my hand touched. When I glanced up he had his eyes closed in pain, I hope the pain isn't THAT bad. Gosh, he was cute even when he was in pain. Oh cmon Rowan, you think that now?

"Thank you." He said through his teeth. Proving the point of how bad the pain actually was. Damn. I never meant to hurt him.

"Im so sorry Jaxston. So, So sorry!" I whimper, and his pained eyes meet mine through his shaggy black hair.

"You have nothing to apologize for." He states "You're the only one I trust to help. All the others are just uncool, and selfish. They'd hurt me if they could."

"Well of course. Why wouldn't I help?" My eyebrows rose, they probably reached my hairline. "Just because I'm trapped here doesn't mean I won't help when others need it."

"You truly are one of a kind aren't you?" I could barely hear it, so clearly I wasn't supposed to. Choosing to ignore it I look around, taking in every aspect and detail. Need to find a way out.

Thick steel bars, single key locks. Barred windows. The door near the front entrance was also guarded by heavy bars, as well as a iron door. A passcode needed. Damn. Continuing to scan, there was a grate in the middle of the hallway. It didn't looks secure. That's a definite possibility. A door near the other end of the hall was open just a crack. I believed that was broom closet, or an entrance from a kitchen.

"Rowan, why are you looking so deep in thought?" Jaxston was staring at me. The blue orbs he had for eyes gazing questionably at my face.

"No reason. Don't worry about it." I slyly tell the lie. I know, I know. Don't lie. But, I can't just tell him, here of all places. Everyone could hear me, and i knew they would rat me out the second one heard me say it. I didn't want to picture what would happen.

"If your sure."

"I am. I promise."

That was our way of ending the conversation. A curt nod to Jaxston and I was going to fetch my flimsy blanket, as well as the horrible smelling pillow from along the wall. I was in denial about being trapped here. Everyday I wished I would wake up to this all being a bad dream. Yet, everyday is a disappointment. Waking up in the hell hole.

The rickety old bed groans in protest as I sit on it. This entire place smells of dead rats, and urine. Yet, this was the best I'd get. Who knew how long I'd be trapped here, with minimal food and water. Flopping over to face the cracking cement, I drew the blanket up to my chin.

Thoughts of running through the woods, the musky forest air invading my nostrils. Mud coating to the tips of my fur, and the sound of the river flowing. Birds chirp, frogs croak then jump into the water. Yips and yaps from the pups sound as they run around and play fight. Thudding from the adult wolves paws hammering the ground. That was bliss, but that's gone. Never to comeback.

A uncatchable tear slid down my cheek as I silently cried.
---

Waking up the next morning seemed like such a struggle. Crust coated my eyes for the second night, my cheeks dry from the late night crying. Even my pillow was on the floor. The blood must've been rushing to my head for the last couple hours, as a headache pounded away at my skull.

Bang!

Jolts went through my body. The barred doors were slamming open. Screams from other people sound as guards and other vampires yank them out unwillingly.

"Jaxston.. What's going on?"

A simple shakes from Jaxstons head shuts me up. Each cell was opened. One door left.

Click!

Oh no.

The unknown vampire gripped my upper arms, hauling me to my feet and shoving me out and grabbing Jaxston while doing so.

To say I was scared was sugar coating to. I was downright terrified. Trembling, whimpering and wide eyed. Being shoved in a new place, with Jaxston being shoved in against me was making me question what was happening.

A number was stuck to the edge of the box or crate.

"Rowan.. We're being auctioned. But at least we're being auctioned together."

Auctioned?! They cant auction us! That's illegal.

"What..?" My voice was delayed and laced with fright. Not a good look on me what's so ever.

"We're being sold."

Comment!
Vote!
Follow!
Be sure to leave some ideas and feedback!
-Zambie