Chapter 1

I really don't like leaving my home. I barely like watching TV, but that is another story. I look at my phone where I am currently reading a story, my escape from the outside. Too bad I am about to head out. I sigh and plug up my phone to charge. I look into my mirror so I can do my makeup before leaving. I look into my honey brown eyes. I put on my light pink eyeshadow and use black eyeliner to line my top lids. I curled my eyelashes and then did my lips in a berry red lipstick. I grabbed my brush and smoothed out my blonde hair. I sighed even though I did a good job, because that means I am closer to having to go outside. I head downstairs and slide on my shoes. No matter the time of year I have one slides or sandals. I straightened out my blouse and headed outside with my keychain in hand. Now I just have to walk to the bus stop.

I waited for the bus to show up so I could hurry up and come back home. I see a few teens walking home from school. Great people. My sarcastic mind is just so hopeful that I can get away without any interaction. I looked down at my phone so I could avoid eye contact. This bus really needs to hurry up and come. I glance up and sigh with relief because the bus is at the stop next to mine. I get on and pay my fare, picking a bench seat near the front, I put in my headphones and listen to music to pass the time.

I get off at my stop knowing I got to catch another bus in about 10 minutes. I look around and see the people at the bus station. It never seems to amaze me how many people are here. I get ready to light a cigarette just as someone asks me for one. I mentally shake my head, I know I just opened the pack so I grab one for the guy who asked me. I didn't look up, just handed it to him. As I am dragging on the smoke he tries to talk to me. "Thank you for the cigarette, this is the first one I have had today." I just nod and I notice he has on a hospital bracelet, that's when it happened. My eyes glazed over and I saw his lungs with fluid in them. His voice barely reached me like trying to see in dense fog. Then I saw him leaving to go home to die. My vision focused, and he was asking me if I was ok. I nodded my head and apologized for zoning out. I was thankful that my bus was pulling into the station and I could be on my way.