Chapter 1 "Secrets"

Can You Keep A Secret?

Written by: Aminatsu032

I told myself that I would only tell every little thing about me to the person whom I decide to share my life with. I didn't expect blurting them out to a total stranger at all! Well...he WAS a stranger; before I actually found out he was MY boss.

Oh, God, please don't make this harder for me now!

I heard the door knob twist open in Room 460. Out of curiosity, I turned to see who my neighbor was.

Black hair? Red eyes? Darn it again, I spoke too soon.

.

Chapter 1 "Secrets"

I'm Mikan Sakura, eighteen years-old. Today, I start living alone in Tokyo. It's not actually certain if I'll be staying there for long, because I haven't been accepted, but I didn't actually expect that there would come a time when I live alone and work, thinking I only graduated recently. I, one day received a letter telling me that with my standards, I could qualify in working at the BIGGEST company in all of Japan...Flame.

"You take care now, Mikan-chan!" I hear my mother say behind me. It was probably the fiftieth time she said it. I turn around again, waving and smiling at her.

Behind her, was my grandfather. With his energy, you wouldn't believe he was 84!

I wave again, before I enter the waiting area. This was it...my first taste of freedom.

My heart thumped faster. I had never been in a big city...nor rode a class-A plane in my whole life! Yep, you read that right. Enclosed with the letter was a plane ticket to a new airline.

Ever since I was a child, I was known for keeping secrets. I had never blurted out any of them, whether mine or somebody else's. Some say it's self-control, but I believe it's because I'm not much of a blabbermouth. Even my best friend wouldn't know something that might embarrass me. I only plan to share my secrets to the person that I will marry someday - whoever he will be.

"Flight 114 to Tokyo, now boarding." That's my cue.

I grab the handle of my suitcase and gave it to the person putting the large bags at the compartment. Carrying only my hand bag, I stepped inside the plane.

"Woah," I mutter in amusement. Now, come to think of it, it WAS my first time riding a plane.

I glance at my ticket. It said 23 A. I searched until I found the place. Good, I thought. It was a window seat after all.

The whole time, while I waited for the plane to board, I leafed through the magazine in front of me. I didn't quite take notice of the person who sat beside me at that time. I couldn't care less anyway, I was more excited to fly.

TEE-HEE. Flying...with the tweety birds in the sky~!

I felt a smile creep up my face in amusement. I was really going to fly – on a plane! Who knows, maybe I'll see where Santa Claus lives from up there!

Okay. I'm being stupid.

I looked around. It was the first time I saw his face.

Beside me was a boy, about my age. He had midnight-black hair and attractive auburn eyes. My eyes widened in shock. It was my first time seeing such beauty that could only be seen in fairy tales.

I would have not been able to stop staring at him, if it wasn't for the flight attendant who demonstrated what to do. I had to listen since, after all, it was my first time.