Prologue#1

"HEY! HEY! STOP RIGHT THERE! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT T---- ARGGGHHHH!!! JUST STOP!!" Mellissa stormed through the cafeteria doors as she ran to retrieve her stolen bagel from the school's 'President of the Book Club', Carreon.

Carreon is a distant relative of Mellissa, being the son of Mellissa's mom's cousin's cousin. Practically, they're cousins, and best friends.

If Carreon is the President of the Book Club, Mellissa would be the President of the Student Body Council. They would stick onto each other almost everywhere, aside from club meetings; considering that they do live together with Mellissa's parents.

Carreon's parents live 10 miles away from them, near the mountainous parts of town. Since they can't afford a house near the city where the school is located, Mellissa's mom, Mrs. Margaux, insisted that Carreon lived with them.

"Cee!! Give me my bagel back! Haven't I taught you the word 'share'?" People are now starting to look at the ruckus they've created.

"Mr. Dame and Ms. Pine, please report to the Principal's office. Immediately," now people really stared. The homeroom teacher is not the person you'd like to run into. A Mrs. Greffer, her words strong and stern that holds authority. Her aura seems to radiate through the walls just by her walking. Her eyes, sharper than a hawk, would see through you, seeing what wrong you may or may not have done.

"Mel, I'm sorry I got you into this," Carreon whispered from Mellissa's left while walking towards the office with the homeroom teacher trailing them, "Mhmm, that's how many times this month?"

"Maybe... about... the... uhh... can't remember?" A glare escaped through Mellissa's light brown eyes. Noticing her look, Mrs. Greffer gave the same look towards Mellissa.

The principal's office is a bit snug for an office whose owner is big time. The shelves are filed with paper, folders, books and brochures for the school campus. Plants in pots are placed in every corner of the room. There is also a coffee table in the middle with three grey leather couches facing it. The principal's table is situated at the far back of the room, enveloping this position of authority with the accompaniment of the glass walls behind it which faces the quad. This is may be a public school but quite classy.

"Ah, Mr. Dame and Ms. Pine, what a surprise," the principal, Mr. Dremred, a tall man who looks rather young despite his age, "It's the two of you again. Let's start with you, Mr. Dame, what is it this time?" Mr. Dremred glared at Carreon.

"Uhhh... I stole her...," Mellisa and Carreon's eyes locked as he said the word, "...bagel."

Mr. Dremred just sighed as he took out a piece of pink paper. The looks of recognition reflected the students' eyes.

"Detention," a sigh, "Again. "

Mellissa just sighed as he took another pink paper for her.

Offenses:
Carreon-stealing possessions of other people, running in the halls
Mellissa-running in the halls, shouting in the halls, disturbance of other students

Consequences:
Both-clean gym
Mellissa-clean girl's comfort room(1st & 2nd floor)
Carreon-clean hallways

The two students made their way out of the office once dismissed. The both of them compared their consequences.

"OH, come on! How come you get the easy part?!" Mellissa slumped her shoulders at the thought of cleaning yet again the girl's comfort room.

"Are you blind?! It says 'hallways'; 'WAYSSSSSS'! Mind you, but this school's huge!"

"Do you know how the comfort room stinks? It's like pee spread all over the floor and has been left there for 10 years! It reeks!"

"Actually...." Carreon's eyes wandered through the lockers, "Carr, what do you mean by 'actually'?"

"Nevermind that. Let's just go back to our classes. Lunch ended already anyway."

--

Class ended after an hour of physics, 2 hours of biology, and a very tiring 3 hours of detention.

Right after, they headed home.

"Whoo!! I feel so relieved! Haven't had that much work out in years!" Mellissa lay down on her bed while Carreon went directly to his room.

"You're Welcome," Were the last words Carreon said to Mellisa that day.

Then, Mellissa fell asleep.

--